See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I had a real difficult time getting on the wifi. Must have gone back 6 times to the clerk to try to get it working. She didn't hesitate to help me, said that's part of her job, good customer service. Had to leave early morning to drive to the Sudbury airport, a different clerk was there who had the breakfast going, fresh coffee, toast etc she also was very friendly and helpful. They have good front end staff.

Room Tip: ground floor easy access to your vehicle
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Michael C, Owner at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay. It is lovely to hear that our staff provided you with such friendly and helpful service. We work hard as a team to keep our guests feeling comfortable, welcome and happy. We are currently upgrading our Guest WIFI services, perhaps on your next visit it will be an easier connection. I will share your review with our team to highlight your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is nothing like what is being advertising on the commercial and nothing that is depicted on the website. I trusted in those 2 things when I booked the 3 rooms I needed for my family. Disgusting is the first thing that comes to mind. I travel frequently and have even stayed in places such as the Admiral Inn and the Kings Inn which are very low rated places and I still had a better stay there than at this hotel.
The first red flag was when we climb the stairs to our second floor room and we walked down the hallway to our room every unoccupied room was open…I wondered why that was until I entered my own room and the stench was overwhelming. It smelled like an old musty smoking room…..the hotel was airing out the rooms to make the smell not so bad…..how sad! My room was an adjoined room….my sister in law was in the other side, she complained that for some odd reason her slippers were wet…..we investigated and the carpet was soaked…not just damp but really squishy….we went to the front desk and complained about the smell and the carpet, we were told someone would come and check it out and bring some deodorizer….no one came. The carpet in my room was also very wet and by morning there was so much water in the carpet that your bed linens that touched the floor we also soaked half way up the bed with a dirty brown color liquid….that is totally and completely unacceptable and disgusting! You would think that was bad enough but as we attempted to leave our room to go for breakfast we open the door and there on his hands and knees ripping up the carpet in the hall…..right at our door is a maintenance guy….and not a kind man either, he was totally disgusted and let us know it that we were in his way?! We went to the front desk again and asked for someone to come and investigate, no one did. The next morning my brother in law talked to the front desk person again as we checked out, her response was "you didn't seem upset about it so we thought you were fine with the room"....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie H
Michael C, Owner at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hello Connie,

Thank you for your feedback via direct email and taking the time to speak with me via telephone the morning after your departure from our property. As per our conversation, I apologize profusely for the conditions of your stay. Just to clarify for readers of your review, as I mentioned to you, our room doors were all open upon arrival due to ongoing improvements we are undertaking at our property which include carpet replacements throughout. There should have been no inconvenience to you as our guest by the contractors working in the hallways and public areas in the morning and I have reviewed this item with them. As mentioned, guest room doors were still open upon your check in because housekeeping inspections had not taken place yet. We were not attempting to air out ‘smelly rooms’ as you stated.

Further to our conversation, I apologize that our staff did not take to action properly on your situation when you mentioned the odour. You were indeed on the second floor and it is non-smoking, there should have been no reason for any such odour. As for the situation with the conditions of the wet carpet in your room, it was not until mentioning the wet conditions at check out and email to me that we were aware of that item for which I did fully refund your stay in the room. It was investigated to have been a leak from the air conditioning unit. Simply put, this is not something we expect our guest to tolerate.

With regard to your comments concerning our website and television advertising being false, I cannot speak to what you saw online or on television (it has been several years since we’ve been on television). I would invite anyone visiting our property to take a tour with me and I would happily bring along my tablet so I can review such online postings on our website or third party selling sites to match up room types and corresponding photos to prove there is no bait and switch taking place.

Having been a family owned and operated, independent hotel property in Sudbury since 1968, we do work hard as a team to host our guests with clean and comfortable lodging. I apologize on behalf of our entire team that we allowed you to experience such an intolerable environment during your visit. I have credited your account for refund as I mentioned I would during our telephone conversation and I again thank you for your feedback, it only helps us improve.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This facility is beautiful It is like stepping into a time capsule The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff were terrific as they even helped me find them as my GPS in the car linked out. On my next trip I intend to book there

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello!

Thank you for your kind comments, they will be shared them with our team!
We know you have a choice in accommodation and we appreciate that you chose us!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The photographer for the hotel did such a good job that I thought this was a new hotel. The price of over $100 indicated that it was likely a newer establishment. Unfortunately we pre-paid. As we drove up I couldn't understand why the parking lot was empty. Now I know. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

The smell of the many chemicals used in the hotel was overwhelming. I did not sleep because my head was spinning. Finally at 6am I told my partner that I would go wait in the vehicle as I couldn't stand it anymore. What a wasted trip and wasted money. Don't stay there!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2017

the Ambassador Hotel is in a PERFECT spot for everything you need
Its close to two shopping centres, restaurants and entertainment
The downtown area of Sudbury is old and kind of depressing
The NEW Sudbury is in this area where the Ambassador is located
The rooms are very clean, and very comfortable
There is a great breakfast served from 7am to 10am
Even though we stayed in mid January, and there was very little guests, the breakfast was top notch. -- definitely will stay again --

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple