“Comfortable room”
Review of Comfort Inn East

Comfort Inn East
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Our room had two double beds and lots of pillows the bed was comfortable upon was spacious for two of us, basic breakfast toast and cereal, fairly quiet location the staff was helpful. Price was average close to restaurants.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
LisaWhite1970, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feed back in regards to your stay here at the Comfort Inn East. We take pride in all we do here and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Once in April 2016 and again in September 2017. The hotel is well appointed, fridge, microwave, desk etc. The beds are comfortable and I found the rooms to be clean over all. It's well located and close to everything. Over all the hotel is decent. I did have an issue which unfortunately I can't over look. I reserved connecting rooms only to get to the hotel and discover I in fact didn't get connecting rooms which created an issue for me all three nights/days. Because the hotel was fully booked we were only able to get a connecting room on the final night of three. Thus required checking out of one completely and moving into another, a really pain. Despite the fact I was told the person who took the reservation had made a mistaken ZERO attempt to make things right were offered. At least you get a free dessert when a restaurant messes up a meal. It took me several phone calls and speaking to several different people till one finally agreed with me some compensation was due. Why I had to fight for it and it wasn't just offered is beyond me. The hotel admitted they had made a mistake but wasn't willing to do much about it. In the end the refund me one nights stay. I was satisfied with that but why I had to fight for it was simply a case of poor customer service in MY opinion. Would I stay at this hotel again, yes because it's clean and comfortable but I will most certainly go in hoping for better up front customer service if an issue arises.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
LisaWhite1970, Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for submitting feed back. When I spoke to you the day your arrived in regards to the adjoining room we could not guaratee adjoining rooms in advance due to occupancy levels. We do however try to accomodate special requests to the best of our ability. Our guest service representative thought she could grant the request however she was mistaken (new gsr) and could not get the two rooms adjoining. We were able to move you the next day. We were happy to give you one night stay and apologized whole heartedly. We do try to make everyone happy and grant special requests but sometimes we can not control everything 100%. I hope you did well with your dog show and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had a great experience while reserving the pet friendly room, the woman on the phone we so friendly and welcoming. I was looking forward to arriving after being on the road for 8 plus hours with a very vocal cat!
When we arrived the front desk had only one employee and there was a bit of a wait. I was told that there was an additional 50.00 fee (which will be returned at check out if there is no broken blah blah blah...) I was not told on the phone that there would be an additional charge! This seemed very suspicious to me! Also when I got into the room the bed cover had (what looked like cat scratches) on the bed cover. I, at once took the bed cover to the front desk and showed the man at the desk that my pet did not make these scratches! He told me that I would not be charged for the scratches! The house keeping is very, very bad. I went into the bathroom and saw (with horror) a dirty tub, pubic hairs and soap stains in the tub! The toilet seat had to be wiped off due to a 'dirty toilet seat'. I have never seen this sort of dis respect for a room!. I am totally turned off and will never, ever stay in a comfort inn again. I would not recommend you stay at this location in Sudbury! It is not a happy night for me and my husband and my poor kitty!

Room Tip: No tips for a good room in this motel!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LisaWhite1970, Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

I am very shocked at this feed back. We just completed our 3 rd party brand inspection and scored a 98.4% and cleanliness top grade! Our staff takes great pride in their work. I will speak with the front office as well as the housekeeping supervisor about your feed back with the intent to improve our service. I am sorry, you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This Comfort Inn is located across the street from two city maintained dog parks. Both parks are fenced with double gate entry. One park is for small dogs and the other from large dogs. It was great after a long drive to check-into a very clean room, walk across the street to the dog park and let them run. Truly an unexpected bonus. Breakfast was good and help get us on the road with a mug of hot coffee.

Room Tip: Pet friendly with patio door exit to parking area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! We love the fur babies that come to stay with us. The dog parks across the street are very convenient as are the walk outs to get there! Breakfast is typically our house favorite! We have people who come back just to stay because of it! We have had challenges keeping up at times but are learning new processes. Its good to hear you had a positive experience.

Lisa WHite

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Our room was very clean, however when we turned on the fan in the bathroom it smelled of cigarette smoke. This hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free and I have asthma which makes me very sensitive to air pollutants. We called down to the front desk, they were very apologetic and took $20 off our bill, but they couldn't move us to a different room because they were over booked. Otherwise, breakfast was good and the hotel is in a good location, just off the Kingsway.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hi Sierra,

Thank you for the feed back. We are 100% smoke free as you know. I was contacted about your concerns at home the day you were here. I did have the maintenace look at your fan and have had it replaced. It was the fan itself that seemed to be the issue. I am happy to say we got this all figured out now and the room is good to go!

Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay here with us.