Clarion Hotel(Sudbury)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$120
Econo Lodge(Sudbury)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
US$63
Canadas Best Value inn - Sudbury(Sudbury)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
US$95
All reviewsroom was cleanparking lot iswafflescigarette smokebig box storesstayed for one nightlong drivecoffee makersleepoverpillowsrenovationcereal
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Once in April 2016 and again in September 2017. The hotel is well appointed, fridge, microwave, desk etc. The beds are comfortable and I found the rooms to be clean over all. It's well located and close to everything. Over all the hotel is decent. I did have an issue which unfortunately I can't over look. I reserved connecting rooms only to get to the hotel and discover I in fact didn't get connecting rooms which created an issue for me all three nights/days. Because the hotel was fully booked we were only able to get a connecting room on the final night of three. Thus required checking out of one completely and moving into another, a really pain. Despite the fact I was told the person who took the reservation had made a mistaken ZERO attempt to make things right were offered. At least you get a free dessert when a restaurant messes up a meal. It took me several phone calls and speaking to several different people till one finally agreed with me some compensation was due. Why I had to fight for it and it wasn't just offered is beyond me. The hotel admitted they had made a mistake but wasn't willing to do much about it. In the end the refund me one nights stay. I was satisfied with that but why I had to fight for it was simply a case of poor customer service in MY opinion. Would I stay at this hotel again, yes because it's clean and comfortable but I will most certainly go in hoping for better up front customer service if an issue arises.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
LisaWhite1970, Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for submitting feed back. When I spoke to you the day your arrived in regards to the adjoining room we could not guaratee adjoining rooms in advance due to occupancy levels. We do however try to accomodate special requests to the best of our ability. Our guest service representative thought she could grant the request however she was mistaken (new gsr) and could not get the two rooms adjoining. We were able to move you the next day. We were happy to give you one night stay and apologized whole heartedly. We do try to make everyone happy and grant special requests but sometimes we can not control everything 100%. I hope you did well with your dog show and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had a great experience while reserving the pet friendly room, the woman on the phone we so friendly and welcoming. I was looking forward to arriving after being on the road for 8 plus hours with a very vocal cat!
When we arrived the front desk had only one employee and there was a bit of a wait. I was told that there was an additional 50.00 fee (which will be returned at check out if there is no broken blah blah blah...) I was not told on the phone that there would be an additional charge! This seemed very suspicious to me! Also when I got into the room the bed cover had (what looked like cat scratches) on the bed cover. I, at once took the bed cover to the front desk and showed the man at the desk that my pet did not make these scratches! He told me that I would not be charged for the scratches! The house keeping is very, very bad. I went into the bathroom and saw (with horror) a dirty tub, pubic hairs and soap stains in the tub! The toilet seat had to be wiped off due to a 'dirty toilet seat'. I have never seen this sort of dis respect for a room!. I am totally turned off and will never, ever stay in a comfort inn again. I would not recommend you stay at this location in Sudbury! It is not a happy night for me and my husband and my poor kitty!

Room Tip: No tips for a good room in this motel!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LisaWhite1970, Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

I am very shocked at this feed back. We just completed our 3 rd party brand inspection and scored a 98.4% and cleanliness top grade! Our staff takes great pride in their work. I will speak with the front office as well as the housekeeping supervisor about your feed back with the intent to improve our service. I am sorry, you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This Comfort Inn is located across the street from two city maintained dog parks. Both parks are fenced with double gate entry. One park is for small dogs and the other from large dogs. It was great after a long drive to check-into a very clean room, walk across the street to the dog park and let them run. Truly an unexpected bonus. Breakfast was good and help get us on the road with a mug of hot coffee.

Room Tip: Pet friendly with patio door exit to parking area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! We love the fur babies that come to stay with us. The dog parks across the street are very convenient as are the walk outs to get there! Breakfast is typically our house favorite! We have people who come back just to stay because of it! We have had challenges keeping up at times but are learning new processes. Its good to hear you had a positive experience.

Lisa WHite

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Our room was very clean, however when we turned on the fan in the bathroom it smelled of cigarette smoke. This hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free and I have asthma which makes me very sensitive to air pollutants. We called down to the front desk, they were very apologetic and took $20 off our bill, but they couldn't move us to a different room because they were over booked. Otherwise, breakfast was good and the hotel is in a good location, just off the Kingsway.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hi Sierra,

Thank you for the feed back. We are 100% smoke free as you know. I was contacted about your concerns at home the day you were here. I did have the maintenace look at your fan and have had it replaced. It was the fan itself that seemed to be the issue. I am happy to say we got this all figured out now and the room is good to go!

Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay here with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Arrived Tuesday August 2nd on return from Ottawa. Should have kept driving. Most hotels were already booked. Upon check in, told that no discounts were offered ie CAA because if they were almost full to capacity and the owners wanted top dollar for available rooms. The computer check-in would not allow any discounts what so ever. Charged $139.99 night. Should have been $90. Told that this hotel is business orientated and does not cater to travelers. Most rooms occupied by construction workers. After check-in, was told there is no hot tub or pool. Our first assigned room had a bad smell to it and the tub drain did not work so transferred to second room. Wanted to look up google maps on hotel business/common computer station but this did not work. Two other people had locked the computer and passwords were required. The desk clerk was unable to find the password to unlock the computer. The complementary breakfast was very basic. The rooms were basic and comfortable but for the money, much better hotels are available. Would not recommend staying here. Leave this place for the construction workers. I am sure they did not have to pay $140 a night. Should have kept driving. Account #539167052

Room Tip: Stayed in room 216
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LisaWhite1970, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn East. We are well positioned for our market here in Sudbury and we do offer great value for your dollar. Unfortunately due to the untimely passing of a valued staff member, the staff who helped you with the computer was new and filling in on short notice. I appreciate all feed back good and bad and will share the results with our team.

Again, thank you for the feed back.