“A gathering of Friends”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2017

It was my first journey at this establishment for myself and Claudette. We made a reservation for twelve.

On our arrival we were promptly seated. Menus were distributed and a drink order quickly followed. The large variety of courses allowed the people at the table to have Steak, Salmon, and of course Pasta. All the food was prepared on the premises including the pasta, the buns, the fresh vegetables and the meat sauce recipe's. They even prepare there own selection of YUMMY desserts. The service was exceptional and the food once again exquisite. I would recommend this establishment for couples, family and business outings. Although it was a little loud due to the full house on a Friday night, the lighting, good company and excellent service overcame this slight distraction. Although a little pricey, one doesn't mind paying the fare when one enjoys such delicacies, delivered in such efficient manner. All and all a great night enjoyed by all at the table.

This is a jewel amongst our many fine restaurants in our fair city of Sudbury.

Hope this helps you in your decision. For more info you should go to their website. It contains, drinks, food and dessert selections as well as history.

A refined traveller

Denis

1  Thank Denis L

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Visited twice in the same week. Service is good, food is delicious. Only negative is it's often very cold inside.

I'd recommend trying the Bella Vita salad, any pizza and caprese salad. The eggplant pasta is delicious as well.

Will return.

1  Thank Kylie M
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favourite restaurants for pastas. My favourite is the penne a la vodka. I have had this pasta in many restaurants in Canada and the U.S. and I can honestly say that this is the best I have had and none of the others can compare to the rich flavours of this sauce. My wife had the gnocci and the pasta was tender like small cushions and is served with a good sauce. The only issue we had was an issue with on of the meals but this was addressed by the waitress and corrected with a new serving. We have never been disappointed with the food at this restaurant and we still think it is one of the good restaurants in Sudbury.

If you are visiting Sudbury, give it a try and you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Many dishes were ordered. Excellent calamari and mushroom bruschetta to start. Penne a la vodka, gnocchi, seafood pasta all well prepared. Veal dishes melt in your mouth. Bison special was perfectly cooked with the most flavourful reduction! Portions were plentiful. Absolute must if visiting Sudbury. My only criticism is the interior

2  Thank PilotCanadian
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Absolutely delicious food. Very hard to not eat everything and keep some leftovers. Staff is very good at their jobs, very polite and quick. I haven't had anything that I didn't like. Kathleen isn't the best location but the food you get here really outplays any worries you could have.

Please note for some of my comments below...
Is this restaurant appropriate for Kids? Not really sure why that question is there. All restaurants are appropriate for Kids. Are the parents able to properly care for their children should be the question...which it can't so I wish they'd remove this.

Is this a Canadian restaurant? It's owned and operated by Canadians and they are very much involved in their restaurant. This restaurant serves Italian food however. I don't know how to answer this.

Is this a Pizza restaurant. Never sure how to answer this. By Pizza restaurant I get the fast food pizza idea in mind. This is not the fact at this restaurant. They serve pizza, excellent pizza but I would not classify this as a Pizza restaurant.

1  Thank JJBelanger