“Another good meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favourite restaurants for pastas. My favourite is the penne a la vodka. I have had this pasta in many restaurants in Canada and the U.S. and I can honestly say that this is the best I have had and none of the others can compare to the rich flavours of this sauce. My wife had the gnocci and the pasta was tender like small cushions and is served with a good sauce. The only issue we had was an issue with on of the meals but this was addressed by the waitress and corrected with a new serving. We have never been disappointed with the food at this restaurant and we still think it is one of the good restaurants in Sudbury.

If you are visiting Sudbury, give it a try and you wont be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Bella Vita Cucina

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Many dishes were ordered. Excellent calamari and mushroom bruschetta to start. Penne a la vodka, gnocchi, seafood pasta all well prepared. Veal dishes melt in your mouth. Bison special was perfectly cooked with the most flavourful reduction! Portions were plentiful. Absolute must if visiting Sudbury. My only criticism is the interior

2  Thank PilotCanadian
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Absolutely delicious food. Very hard to not eat everything and keep some leftovers. Staff is very good at their jobs, very polite and quick. I haven't had anything that I didn't like. Kathleen isn't the best location but the food you get here really outplays any worries you could have.

Please note for some of my comments below...
Is this restaurant appropriate for Kids? Not really sure why that question is there. All restaurants are appropriate for Kids. Are the parents able to properly care for their children should be the question...which it can't so I wish they'd remove this.

Is this a Canadian restaurant? It's owned and operated by Canadians and they are very much involved in their restaurant. This restaurant serves Italian food however. I don't know how to answer this.

Is this a Pizza restaurant. Never sure how to answer this. By Pizza restaurant I get the fast food pizza idea in mind. This is not the fact at this restaurant. They serve pizza, excellent pizza but I would not classify this as a Pizza restaurant.

1  Thank JJBelanger
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Grew up in Toronto in the 70's...most of my friends were Italian
This is one of if not the best Italian restraunt in Sudbury....opening in an area that has recently started to turn.
.and has other good food choices in the area as well
Make a reservation in advance

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Had New Years supper, and without a doupt best ever. Every portion was well cooked and presented. My wifes steak was cooked exactly the way she liked it. Even though we went over our sitting time they did not rush us out. The server Anthony was a perfect gentleman and very respectful. He explained the dishes very well. You could tell that the dishes were prepared by a chef and not merely a cook. Whenever I eat here I dont get a home cooked meal, I get something special, something that only a trained chef could prepare. A true dining experience. The price structure is very resonable for what you get.

1  Thank ginxi2