“Very nice dinner”

Price range: US$12 - US$27
Description: Taj Bistro , known for its quality food and best service ,
Description: Taj Bistro , known for its quality food and best service ,
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We had a very good supper here. Everything was tasty especially the naans. The dessert was especially delicious. If we had one suggestion it would be that we found most of the dishes luke warm at best, it would be nicer if everything was piping hot in my opinion. Service was very polite and attentive. We wouldn't hesitate to go again when in the mood for Indian.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We had heard good things about this restaurant. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. The atmosphere was great; very clean and good service. However, the food left a lot to be desired. We had the buffet. The chicken didn't taste very fresh and the variety was lacking.
That said, options for Indian food in Northern Ontario are limited, so if you have a serious craving, this place my suffice.

1  Thank RJW2014
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was my first time in Taj Bistro. but I must Say Services, Food and Hygiene are perfect for every Customer. I will come again with my Family Sometimes.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This location operated as an Indian restaurant a couple of years ago and was very good. It closed down and underwent extensive renovations, and has now re-opened under new management. It is now a sleek, modern, beautiful space with comfortable seating and appealing lighting. Of course, there are also the aromas of Indian food calling you in!
I don't usually like buffets, but I chose to go to the buffet table (all 4 of us did) so I could sample all the different choices there. Everything was excellent! It is helpful that each item is labelled so you know what your favourites are for the next visit. The only small criticism is that the meat dishes have much more sauce than meat. The buffet is just $20 per person at dinner time. We even tried Cheetah beer from India, which was very cool and crisp.
Our server was very sweet and helpful. We enjoyed the evening immensely and will certainly return!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I've been here four times, last time with my toddler. All buffet (3 lunch, 1 dinner).

I will not be going again based on my last experience. See the bad below.

The Good:

Flavourful, authentic food. The naan is awesome and so is everything else. Great dessert options. The curries are sauce heavy so a bit of meat searching is required, that seems to be common in Indian buffets. Servers are very efficient and fill your water glass like ninjas.

The Bad:

My last visit I was putting a plate together for my toddler and used a bowl to put some curry in (easier for child to eat from) The server interrupted me to tell me using those bowls for curry wasn't "allowed". I was taken aback to say the least. Another reviewer here seems to have had the same experience.

Once our toddler was done eating we took her out of the high chair and put her in a regular chair of an empty table next to us. She was happy there and was letting us eat. A server showed up stating that they had watched that on camera (why are we being watched eating?) and asked us to move her back to the high chair for safety/liability reasons. He offered apologies for asking us to do that.

Needless to say we've never heard of any restaurant do these things.

Wish the restaurant the best but we won't be returning.

5  Thank travelbbug22