All reviewsbowling alleytimothy's coffeerooftop barupgraded to a suiteniagara fallsboston pizzafull kitchengreat nightcomfortable bedstim hortonsupon checksitting areabrock universityparking lotfloorlobbyhallway
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here previously and it worked out again based on their pet policy. We paid $35/ night to be able to bring our dog and with staying in a suite, he felt really at home.
Rooms were clean and staff were friendly upon check in.
My only complaint, and the same as last time, would be the elevator. It is NOT fast. In fact it can turn your mood in a matter of minutes. Not sure how that be improved but this is our 3rd time here and it leaves me frustrated every time.
The restaurant in the building has great food and great service. That is one feature we like so we can enjoy a glass of wine and not have to worry about planning a cab or Uber.
Easy place to get to, with decent rooms and good sleeping.
Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Dan J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We stayed at this Holiday Inn from Friday, Jan. 26 - Jan 27. We arrived at 8:30pm and wans't greeted at all by the front desk. A man by the name of Kevin (not that he ahd a name tag - I had to ask the Manager Dan Jennings when we checked out the next morning), was the grumpiest front desk person we've encountered in awhile. The lobby and the Timothy's stand beside the lobby was handy except when we were trying to get drinks at 11:00pm which is their closing time. The cashier told us that we czn pay at the front desk because she was already cashed out. When we went to the front desk with our two bottles of juice, Kevin looked at us as if we just fell from another planet. We told him that the cashier from Timothy's told us to come here. He said;" I've never heard of this, and what am I supposed to do with it?". he hailed for another person to come out front. A woman named Ashley came out and siad I've never done it either. What are we supposed to do? At this point, my dauhgter and I decided that it's not worth the trouble and we were just going to put the juice back ont he shelf. Then another person came back from her dinner break and she said "You just have to punch in 315 and it gets charged to their room". No one apologize for their ineptness to us, and they just told us it's now on your tab.
There were 5 of us in the room. They only set up the room for 4 people. We had a suite with a pull out couch. The mattress was unbearable to sit on never mind to sleep on it. Our poor son had to sleep on it. Although I think the floor would've been waaaaay more comfortable. There wasn't any cushioning left, it was only SPRING jutting out all over fromt he mattress. They also only supplied towels for 4. We just can't be bothered calling down and heaven forbid disturb Kevin. The manager Dan Jennings was polite and apologetics, but a bit too late when we checked out. I ahve to say this was by far the worst service and bedding we have had at a Holiday Inn. We normally love staying at the Holiday Inn. it's always our first choice. Next time, I think we would prefer to drive further from our destination and stay at another location where we feel welcomed and comfortably taking care of and sleep well. Another strange thing, when we aksed if there's a pizza place where we could order take out at 11:00pm, nobody knew. Meanwhile, there was one literally across from the hotel and another one about 3 minute walk from it. We just couldn't see it in the dark from the lobby.

Room Tip: Great location for a lot of great restaurants. Handy location for Gymnastics Energy competition and Beechwood donuts and other diners.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi chocolateaddict2015,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received from our staff and for being inconvenienced by our bedding during your visit. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for reference.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Fantastic time. Rooms were surprisingly large. Microwave, fridge, counter space. It was quiet in the sleeping area. Keurig coffee machine in room. Two elevators at opposite ends of the hallway was great. Pool area was noisy (per usual). Lots of towels for the pool. Fitness room overlooked the pool which was nice. Fast/efficient check-in and out. We stayed for two nights looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed at this hotel for a New Years Celebration. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was more than helpful from the front desk to the cleaning staff.
I would recommend this hotel if you are planning on staying in St. Catherines. They have rooms available for your parties and celebrations. I was very impressed with the services they offer.

1  Thank MelNew14
Dan J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words.
Regards,
Dan J
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2017

we were very impressed of the service provided to myself and wife during our 2 night stay here. the elevator to our room on the fourth floor was not operating. staff quickly responded to my need of a wheel chair as I have difficulty walking stairs and long distances as I am over 90 yrs of age. a wheel chair was made available for my travel to the 4th floor--very much appreciated.

Room Tip: ask for a room located on 2nd floor or lower as we understand that the elevator is unreliable
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family