“Did not meet the high expectations.”
Review of Embers Grill & Smokehouse - MOVED

Embers Grill & Smokehouse
Price range: US$8 - US$41
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Although very well rated on Trip Advisor, and our motivation for going there, we found everything to be just okay. The rib meal seemed like it had been pre-cooked and just warmed prior to serving. While the catfish dish was short on the fish portion, when the concern was made known they adjusted the price and that was a plus. Service was satisfactory. Overall, Embers does not measure up to Arturo's.

There are newer reviews for Embers Grill & Smokehouse

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Very small and upscale grill. Downtown mixed in with shops and other retailers. the menu was very unique, including kangaroo and water buffalo. We stuck with the more normal fair but prepared in unique ways.

2  Thank S K
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Great atmosphere, in a perfect downtown location.
The food is exceptional, with service to match.
Love that they have locally grown food options, along with one of a kind menu items.

2  Thank Jenn636
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

This place was highly recommended by a couple of people in town. We decided to give it a try, now I am sitting hear with a stomach ache $130 less in my pocket and not satisfied. I LOVE a good steak, prime rib etc. my husband and I decided to try the special - tomahawk steak for 2 which was a large ribeye cut- meat was tough, fatty, under seasoned and i never salt my food. The purple carrots still had the tough roots on them and the twice baked potatoe was flavorless. Would not recommend

1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 24 September 2015

My wife and I took our daughter there for her birthday. Much to our delight and surprise there was a birthday card on the table when we arrived signed by all of the staff at the restaurant.

The waitress was friendly and helpful. We were not in a hurry and the staff did not rush us through our meal. We were able to enjoy our drinks and appetizers before ordering. The food is cooked to perfection and presented very nicely. The cost is well in line with any other restaurant with a similar atmosphere. The restaurant is supporting local producers and also representing them very well. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

2  Thank Robert M