“Great Food But Lacking in Service”
Review of Lola's Lounge

Lola's Lounge
Ranked #5 of 226 Restaurants in Sarnia
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had high expectations for this restaurant as I had read and heard many excellent reviews. However, my experience was less than satisfactory. We arrived as a group of four with reservations at 7:30pm on a Friday. We were not seated until 8:10pm with no apologies or explanations. We stood the whole time, as there were not even seats available at the bar. No one came to check on us and we were not the only ones in this situation. Our food arrived at 9:00pm, which is a long time to wait, especially after standing for 40 minutes. At one point I attempted to use the ladies bathroom, but could not as the lock was not working. I was told that no one had time to fix it, so I used the men's which was not very clean. I have to say, the food was delicious and the portions were huge! I loved the decor and this place had a great vibe. I'm assuming this was a one off due to an incredibly busy evening and would still try it again in hopes of having a better experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

A friend and I had dinner at Lola's. I was visiting Sarnia and my friend recommended this restaurant. I ordered the Hot Pot and it was amazing. The dish was flavourful and spicy without being to spicy. The portion was more than generous and it turned that my leftovers were enough for lunch the next day. My one complaint is how noisy the restaurant was. Our reservation was for 7:30 and the place was full. The noise level was such that we could not have a conversation without having to raise our voices.

1  Thank Danise S
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Great food and generous portions.
Over and beyond the call of duty. Staff were friendly and attentive. Great experience

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Hands down best food in Sarnia! This is my go to restaurant for a date night or a night out with girlfriends. I probably go once a month and I’m never disappointed. My personal favourites are the Tequila Mussels, Asian Salad and the Tango Thai Hot Pot. Yum!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent beer, and very cold...friendly server, great ambiance...will return for dinner on next visit