“Great BBQ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Camp 31

Looking for cold beer and southern BBQ? Head to Paris, Ontario and stop at Camp 31. This might not be a fine dinning experience but with it’s southern atmosphere and authentic grilling practices, its hard not to find something for everyone. Seating both inside and out along with attentive servers, keep this place operating with precision. When our main course orders were misplaced, a very apologetic waiter comped our beer without hesitation. Don’t expect to get a seat without a bit of a wait, this place is wildly popular with all generations of people - not to mention BBQ foodies from all over. With a huge menu that is more than reasonably priced, our party of four left completely satisfied and looking forward to returning soon.
Cheers

3  Thank thatwhiskeyguy

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I just moved up here from living in Macon Georgia for 20 years,and was looking forward to familiar Southern style cookin'....Especially the southern style fried catfish they bragged about....I was bitterly let down and disappointed......Camp 31's food is not even close to what I was familiar with in Georgia......The catfish wasn't prepared "Southern style" as promised and the chicken clearly had been fried in oil that had been reused over..and over..and over....both tasted awful...The fries were served cold... It was crowded with a waiting line [God knows why]...and we were given the bums rush and presented with the bill before we were finished eating...All in all a very unpleasant experience..one that won't be repeated.When they claimed "Southern Style" they must mean Southern Ontario style

2  Thank 446ray
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Great atmosphere if only the food matched. I had ribs and smoked turkey, side of salad. I have never had ribs that were crunchy before and slathered with so much sauce. Weird and not in a good way. The turkey - I could NOT put my finger on what it tasted like until I remember my youth and old fashioned TV dinners. It was all around awful.

1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Started with 1/2 a Caesar salad. They make their own croutons! Ribs were very good along with the brisket. These folks know what they are doing. Service was excellent!

2  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 3 October 2017

If that's what you're after this is the place! Wonderful servers, great smoked ribs and fried chicken.

2  Thank lindafleury300

Been to Camp 31 Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!