“Brutal!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Great atmosphere if only the food matched. I had ribs and smoked turkey, side of salad. I have never had ribs that were crunchy before and slathered with so much sauce. Weird and not in a good way. The turkey - I could NOT put my finger on what it tasted like until I remember my youth and old fashioned TV dinners. It was all around awful.

2  Thank Maureen W

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Started with 1/2 a Caesar salad. They make their own croutons! Ribs were very good along with the brisket. These folks know what they are doing. Service was excellent!

2  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 3 October 2017

If that's what you're after this is the place! Wonderful servers, great smoked ribs and fried chicken.

2  Thank lindafleury300
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have driven several times past this restaurant and have seen how extremely busy they are, judging by the number of cars parked and the lineups, especially during the weekends. I finally got the chance to go and have an early dinner on a Monday. I noticed all the awards they posted outside the building and I was pleased with myself for selecting this restaurant.

The entrance was a bit dingy. We found a table right away. Our male wait staff was friendly and polite and got our appetizer of delicious honey garlic wings out within 5 minutes of ordering. For entrees, I ordered the Camp 31 burger with sweet potato fries and my hubby had the half rack of St. Louis ribs.

I really couldn't tell what I took a bite of. The burger, which was burnt, had a cardboard texture, and it tasted quite weird in the mouth. I was not able to eat all of it. Neither did my husband like the ribs. They were burnt and dry. The sweet potato fries were okay, although they were limp and soft, not firm as I expected them to be.

Camp 31 should remove the plaques and rewards they received decades ago from their building. They may have deserved the recognition in the distant past. But not so now.

I did like their wings so maybe it is worth a visit on Mondays when chicken wings are at half price.

1  Thank KathleenR_28
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from dinner here.
We had a table of 6. Had to wait approx 30 mins to be seated. There is approximately 15-20 tables that seat 2-6 people.
The portions are ginormous. Even the starters are sharable.
Give this place a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Trish M