“Well We Enjoyed It”
Review of MAMBO Nuevo Latino - CLOSED

MAMBO Nuevo Latino
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Description: The pleasure of entertaining. Taking inspiration from the fiery and aromatic cuisine of Central and South America, MAMBO is big flavors, samba~salsa music, mojito~caipirinhas and a wide array of tasty tapas. The restaurant’s exposed brick walls and bold vibrant colors imbue the main dining area with a truly intimate atmosphere, making it perfect for romantic rendezvous or corporate cocktail receptions. The private room on the lower level is perfect for celebrations, company meetings or product launches. And the newly renovated Mambo rooftop is a destination for those seeking a sound escape at sunset. MAMBO Nuevo Latino brings dynamic nightlife and a vibrant mix of cultures where you’ll wine; dine on a unique mix of Latin influences. Mambo Restaurant carries you through a memorable dining experience, as you live, love and dance with a Latin flair.
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We purchased a Groupon and were very happy that we did . It included 2 drinks and we picked Mojitos. We were 3 . The waiter was kind enough to split it into 3 but really , we actually got 3 drinks . Very strong and very good . The guacamole was excellent with good nacho chips . We ordered an extra meal and had a Portobello veggie burger , a Verano Flat Bread and a shrimp dish called Camarones al Ajillo . The first came with great fries . The first two were good ,. The shrimps were just OK .
Service was good . The location is smack in the middle of the Byward Market . Unfortunately the place was almost empty for our lunch . They have a nice patio .

Reviewed 25 May 2015

So we showed up, ordered our food, a half hour later it arrived the waitress then disappeared for an hour, i ordered a wrap and salad the salad was covered in black mould was not fresh at all, and the chicken bacon wrap was without bacon, my girlfriends wrap didnt even come with all the ingredients listed and the beer glasses were so dirty the dust was flying inside the beer. Total disappointment, when the waitress asked us how it was she didnt even care and proceeded to blame us for not informing her of the missing ingredients, eventhough after we received our food she was out of sight the entire meal. all and all i couldnt be paid to eat there again, it was just gross.

1  Thank Tiffani C
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Just left. Tried to order the sangria which was on special was told they did not have the special. Ok, so I tried to order a margarita. They're out...had a busy weekend. Then the server tells me they have sangria, but I can't get it at the special price. It would be full price. What?!? How can you have advertised specials still on the menu, but just decide to charge full price? Walked out. Never again

3  Thank planejanebc
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

I ordered the shrimp tapa and chorizo poutine from Mambo. It arrived on time but I was very disappointed. There were 5 shrimp with no sauce and some pitas, when I specifically asked for a little extra sauce. The chorizo poutine was lukewarm, and the cheese curds were stale. No effort here, maybe just for delivery but regardless, I'm surprised Mambo isn't embarassed to put out this kind of food.

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 24 April 2015

I just wanted to pass along how pleased we were with our birthday celebration on Saturday night. I was very happy to see how the rooms were set up and the screen in place on our arrival. Everyone was very complimentary about the food (I think you will have some new customers!) and the music had everyone dancing all night. I have to give special thanks to Chantal and Henry for their excellent, prompt and attentive service! The cake service was perfect as well.

Thank yo so much to you and the staff at Mambo’s for making our evening with family and friends absolutely delightful!