“A really nice hotel for when you are away on business”
Review of The Metcalfe Hotel

The Metcalfe Hotel
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I love this boutique hotel. Beds are confortable, it's a small hotel, quiet and near the market and parliament. If you have a room in the lower floors you'll have wireless internet (From the lobby). Reserve ahead, it's usually hard to get a room.

Room Tip: Lower floor if you want access to the free wireless from the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank WESMTL
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Hotel Indigo. The feedback we receive is invaluable.

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Keep an eye out for wireless in the near future as we will be installing it in our guest rooms. So you won't have to always request a room on our lower floor in the future!

We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next trip to Ottawa.

There are newer reviews for The Metcalfe Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My first experience at this hotel was an excellent experience. I have travelled many times on company business so I know what makes for a relaxing stay. This was a pleasure trip to Winterlude. I found the room spacious, the king bed comfortable, the room exceptionally clean, the bar fridge very handy. The shower was interesting but I would have preferred a room with a tub. The building was extremely quiet, no noise from the elevators or other guests entering or leaving their rooms. Also no street noise. The parking could be improved upon as there is limited space and leaving the parking garage is confusing. The staff were extremely helpful and professional. I give this hotel a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Catherine D
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us during your recent trip to Ottawa during this year's Winterlude.

I was very happy to read your stay was a 10 out of 10! I hope Winterlude exceeded your expectations as well! We had a short skating season this year unfortunately but there is still so much Ottawa has to offer and I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

We have an incredible team here at Hotel Indigo and I am glad you experienced all they have to offer.

We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Location is okay, receptionists kind and helpful. Our room (King superior) was spacious and clean. The wall facing the bed is entirely covered by a picture of giant ears of wheat, which I found quite ugly (see picture), but that's a matter of personal taste, maybe other people can find it artistic. What's not a matter of personal taste is that one of the pillow had several hairs on it from previous guests, which I find extremely disgusting (see picture). Besides, the pillows are very small for a king size bed. To reach the parking (very narrow spaces to drive in it) from the hotel and the hotel from the underground parking is a complicate matter. There is nothing in this hotel that I found very good or amazing, but at the same time I would have given it a fairly good rating because there is nothing really bad either. Except what I mentioned earlier: that's unforgivable!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Roberto_2010_Toronto

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. The comments we receive from our valued guests is invaluable in helping us to improve upon our product and service.

My sincerest apologies for the fact you found hair on your pillow. That is completely unacceptable in our minds as well. I would ask you to call me directly at the hotel so we can discuss further and I can ensure your next stay with us exceeds your expectations.

I'm happy to read that besides this situation, you found your room to be spacious and clean and our staff to be kind and helpful.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this situation with you further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We went for a winterlude weekend. The location was great and the pool is very nice but everything else is a dissappointment. No bar fridge in the room. The bed sheets are very heavy weighing down on your towns if you sleep on your back and they slide off the bed easy and I could feel every spring in the bed so two sleepless nights. The parking is $19 / day for hotel guests and was almost impossible to find and dangerous to enter. You get to the bottom of a steep ramp and there is a sign that says "did you remember to press the button?". Well - if you forgot then you have to figure out how to get your car back up the steep ramp or leave the car and hope that your parking brake works really well when you leave it to run up the steep ramp to press the button. We finally got to the check in counter and they told us that you are not supposed to try to find the parking before coming to the front desk??? They also told us not to move the car (eventhough the parking price gives in/out privileges) because we may not be able to get a spot when we return).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Galit2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us during Winterlude. The feedback we receive from our valued guests provides us with the opportunity to continuously improve upon our product and service.

My sincere apologies for the trouble you experienced with our parking garage. As a first time guest we do usually recommend checking in to the hotel first so we can provide the parking information as it can be challenging the first time. However, as an alternate option for you should you choose to stay with us again, we also provide valet parking to our guests upon request.

We also do have fridges in some of our rooms so be sure to request one for next time.

I hope you had fun at Winterlude and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with us further if you wish to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Overall I was quite pleased with this hotel. Notification of priority club status and upgrades accordingly. The location is central with everything in reach, there is a nice Indian buffet just around the corner which is fairly cheap and has good food. The rooms are nice and spacious with a jacuzzi bath, a very noisy one though. The restaurant is of a good standard but needs a larger menu, the bar has a good selection of tasty beers on offer and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Would I stay again? Without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Flyerstarter

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo. It is the comments and feedback we receive from our valued guests such as yourself that allows us to continue to improve upon our product and service.

I am happy to read you enjoyed our stay with us from the comfort of the guest room to the friendly staff to our selection of local beers in our bar, Phi.

We will look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next trip to Ottawa!