All reviews bells corners room was clean restaurant attached to the hotel free breakfast canadian tire centre hard boiled eggs decent hotel would stay here again enjoyed our stay front desk staff easy access one night stay pets downtown rates
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The rooms where decent; small, relatively comfy beds, clean. Warning the toilets when flushed fill nearly to the rim. The free breakfast was good. The overall cleanliness was good. The service was a little slow but very friendly. Parking was limited and far from the front door.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Rose E, General Manager at Days Inn - Ottawa West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

nice rooms with nice pillows and clean bathroom, renovation never affected our 2 night stay breakfast was standard coffee muffins waffles fruit etc nice location with a brilliant pub (brew table) next door food and drink very good I would stay here again thanks to Kerry and shaun for your help

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I booked this hotel for the Canada day long weekend and received a letter showing the charges to be made. The first day had a $100 surcharge being Canada day. On checkout I found that the first night had an extra charge of $35 with no explanation as well as a charge for DPM. I asked for an explanation and was told all hotels do this. I checked into this and found that this is a tourism charge which is normally capped at 3% but Day's charges 7%. I brought this up with the clerk and the charge was removed from my bill as well as the additional $35. However, all guests at these hotels should be advised to look carefully at the bill because on top of the DPM charge there is a tax on the DPM charge applied.
Day's hotels are generally pretty basic but clean and I would recommend them for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I'm not sure I understand the "hidden charges" we charge Room Rate, DMF and HST on both these items. The DMF is voluntary and if you wish not to pay let the hotel know and it will be remove. I too have no idea what "surcharges" you are referring to, if you would like to call me directly I'm more than happy to review your bill.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had a great visit in Ottawa, from the time Kelly welcomed us at the front desk, till we handed in our keys it was great. Other must think so to as it was a busy place. Central for us, and where we wanted to go. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were beside the elevator and heard nothing at all..
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience I will pass along to Kelly.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

this hotel is mis-classified as a 2.5 star hotel. at best, it is a 2 star. I had high hopes, but low expectations when captain Kirk put me in this hotel. in the US Days Inns are on par with budget motels. But this is Canada and maybe it would be different. well, that hope was dashed immediately upon entering my room.

the hotel is under renovation, I get that, and I certainly hope that my room wasn't yet renovated... There were stains on the decorative pillow, and gum (yes chewing gum) smashed into the carpet bedside. housekeeping was bad. I paid the premium price for a 2.5 star, but ended up with budget motel garbage.

the positive, if there can be any, was the checkin. atleast the front desk employees are cheerful.

If I have a clean room, quality bedding and a hot shower, I am not too picky on much else. this hotel only got 1 of these right (hot shower), so I award the hotel a poor 2/5 rating. My date of stay was 26-JUN-2017

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

I'm so sorry your experience was less than stellar, our renovations are now complete, with the exceptions of a few new pictures to be installed. If you could give me a call I would appreciate it.