1,276 results
All reviews the concierge lounge spin restaurant kent street teen room air hockey ping pong parliament hill supreme court corner room byward market self parking walking distance business trip king bed front desk staff bit dated the room was nice
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Stayed for the weekend of August 27-28. Was about a 10 min walk to main Parliament building, another 10 min to Byward Market area and the canal. Couldn't ask for a better location.

The hotel itself seemed clean and in good repair, but the rooms themselves could use some updating. The rooms are very retro, either on purpose or in need of a reno. Had booked a corner suite with balcony. The room was nice and large, the bathroom however was cramped and quite small considering the room size. Only had a tub and no separate shower and not meant for two ppl to use at same time. The bed as per usual for a Marriott were big and comfy.

After checking in and going to the room, realized that it was not the one I booked. It was a regular guest room. I had explained this to the front desk and offered to pay the difference if I can get the room I booked. The lady was very nice and accommodating and I received the right room, she was great as was the man that checked me in.

Room service for breakfast was also convenient (order the night before and hang it on your door knob) and the guy was on time and friendly.

The only real negative besides the bathroom was the noise. I was on the 12th floor and right next to hotel is the huge ventilation unit on the roof of the building next door, ran all day and night. Made it hard to enjoy the balcony. But worse was the construction directly in front of the hotel. They started on Saturday night and all day Sunday until check out. All night you heard construction noise, like they were in the room with me.

I would book this hotel again but not on that side of the building. If they can confirm a room on the other side of the hotel away from the vents and construction then I have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: higher floor away from vents and road work
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
OttawaMarriottHotel, Hotel Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel through TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback concerning the quality of the guestroom that provided you the rest needed. Thank you again for your wonderful review and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The hotel was clean and the hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The pool and kids room leave a lot to be desired. It is centrally located and very convenient to all the local sites. The room was comfortable but the bathroom needed to be cleaned, it appeared to be an oversight more than a poor job because the rest of the room was in good shape. We will stay again the next time we are in Ottawa.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
OttawaMarriottHotel, Hotel Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for highlighting the Brilliant service you received during your stay. The accolade expressed to them is fantastic and we are delighted that they made a personal connection with you. Please be assured that we will share your wonderful compliment with them and we look forward to making your future stay brilliant.

Brilliantly your,

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My husband and I spent our 5th anniversary here. We traveled from Burlington, Vermont to enjoy the city of Ottawa. We were greeted upon check-in by Alyssa who was so friendly and warm. She also overheard we were here celebrating our anniversary.

That evening, we had appetizers at Spin Kitchen. Our server was not the most friendly; however, while it wasn't that busy, the kitchen seemed to be very backed up, which may have contributed to her frustration; however, never good to wear those emotions on the sleeve. We enjoyed the mussels, pierogies and french onion soup. Definitely decent food.

When we returned to our hotel room around 9:30, we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. My husband looked at me like I was so thoughtful! I had to tell him it wasn't me! The card read from Alyssa A at the front desk. My husband, who is an Elite member of Marriott has traveled to many locations for work said, "this is the most amazing thing a hotel has ever done for me or us."

We were so happy she worked on Sunday so we could say how amazing that touch was and THANK YOU!

Room Tip: River view with King
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
OttawaMarriottHotel, Hotel Manager at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

We are fortunate to have wonderful Hosts that provide brilliant service to our guests. They are without a doubt fantastic people and we are delighted to have them on our team. We take great pride in delivering an inspired experience and we are delighted that we achieved this in your case. It is gratifying to receive this positive feedback and we thank you for writing your thoughts on your experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My wife and I spent the weekend in Ottawa (my first time) at this very clean and comfortable hotel. We were there for our 15th (crystal) anniversary. The front desk staff were on top of their game giving us great service and suggestions of things to do. I had done my homework before coming, however, I didn't have to think much when I got there. They were fantastic and always smiling.

Upon entering the room, we were greeted by a chilled complimentary bottle of champagne, two champagne glasses, strawberry fondue and a welcoming note from the beautiful Alyssa at front desk. Little things like that just made our day. Thanks Alyssa!

I had requested a room with a view on the Parliament side and got exactly that. The room was very spacious, the king bed very comfortable. Marriott upgraded us to a luxury room at an affordable price (no thanks to Trivago). I booked directly with Marriott, and it was quick and easy.

I would easily book with Marriott again. They are right downtown in the heart of Ottawa (Kent and Sparks Street), and within walking distance from the Parliament buildings, Byward Market (15 minutes walk), the recommended Aulde Dubliner and Pourhouse Irish Pub, and the CF Rideau Centre Shopping Mall.

A great stay indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side facing the parliament buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to read that you had an exceptional stay at the Ottawa Marriott and we want to thank you for choosing us. It is fantastic to read that the accommodations were well received and that our customer service was the best you have experienced. We appreciate receiving such wonderful praise and we will ensure that this is shared with all of our Hosts. Once again, thank you for your time and we hope that your next stay will be as successful as this one was.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I recommand this hotel for your family vacation. The room are clean and spacious. The mini-fridge in the room help keep the kid's breverage cold. The kid's play room and pool are well equip. Very friendly and bilingual staff.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your glowing endorsement. We are delighted that we received this from you and we look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

StephaneP.