All reviews the club lounge valet parking parliament hill byward market walking distance buffet breakfast bit dated business district room was large central location stayed here for one night rideau centre business or pleasure business trip king bed comfortable rooms an upgrade
Reviewed 25 July 2016

My first trip to Ottawa, I looked to what I knew, so Sheraton made sense to me. And wow, was this a great choice. It is perfectly located, making it easy to get to many of the sites and sounds that make Ottawa, Ottawa. You are an easy walk to Parliament Hill, Sparks Street, the locks and canal... and if you are a walker, the art museum and Byward market are under a mile from the hotel as well.

Parking is valet, but they have it (pretty much) under control. Wait times are minimal - just call ahead.

The concierge lounge, for those that can get there, is great. And breakfast at the restaurant is better with fantastic offerings - including lots of fresh fruit.

The rooms are fantastic - dark woods and masculine in appearance.... BUT wow, I don't know if it was my tired feet or if they took the noteable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and upped its game, but WOW. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Loved this bed.

The staff was wonderful, full of smiles, aiming to help where-ever they could!

Fantastic stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We arrived during Blues Fest and got one of their last rooms. It was right next to the elevator and I was worried at first, but the room was completely quiet. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on in a while. Everything in the room worked perfectly and was as expected. We didn't have breakfast but did have dinner in the bar area. It was excellent and they had some really nice wine selections. If I get back to Ottawa--and I hope I do--I will definitely stay here again. Also, while we were there, we didn't experience the elevator issues others have mentioned and the hotel was packed. Perhaps they've gotten some of that resolved?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My husband and I and three other couples stayed at the Sheraton for a reunion weekend. The lobby is quite dreary but the location is good. The rooms were clean. The mattress and pillows and bedding were very nice. I really liked the swimming pool as it was rectangular and therefore I could swim lengths in it. I liked the fitness room and the shower that was in the change room off the fitness room. Robes in the room were cozy. Missed having a fridge in the room.

Room tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given a room on a high floor. It was quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I have stayed here a few times. Front desk service is fantastic, love the rooms, and dining is fantastic for hotel dining. I enjoyed two different steak dishes, both were sumptuous and cooked as ordered. I love that this hotel is central and is consistent to the Sheraton brand.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel July 10 to 13. It was very clean, the staff was great, friendly and very knowledgeable in knowing the area and great places to check out! It was close to everything! Would stay there again on our next visit!

Trip type: Travelled with family