1,651 results
All reviews rideau centre albion rooms byward market great location parliament hill breakfast buffet walking distance renovated room front desk staff king bed hotel lobby central location two blocks decent hotel heart of downtown les suites the room was nice
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Well located in front of the Rideau Shopping Mall, close to Parliament and of course, the canal. The rooms are cozy and well maintained. The staff is supper helpful and the food service is amazing either at the Albion or the room service. The pool and gym on the 5th floor are fantastic (the pool has a view!).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mabrondani

Dear Mabrondani,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa and are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel.
It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another magnificent journey with us.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My wife and I recently traveled to Ottawa principally to see several of the excellent museums there. We had an excellent stay at the Novotel on Nicholas St. The location of the hotel is ideal. Close to several museums, a block from the famous Byward market neighborhood with many dining options, and just a short walk to Parliament Hill across the Rideau Canal. On arrival day, we found our room neat, clean, and with furnishings in new condition. The room was very thoroughly cleaned in a timely manor each day for us. Everything in the room worked properly as it should as well as the WiFi.
The underground parking had easy access via an elevator in the clean and well maintained lobby. Parking spaces were always available.
We particularly looked forward to the excellent breakfast buffet every morning. The breakfast choices were many, and always fresh. The wait staff were most friendly and attentive. I give them an A+. The front desk people were also very courteous, friendly and helpful. Hotel manager, Ms. Raman Virk, was also most courteous, and pleasant, and helped to ensure our most enjoyable stay. Thank you, Gary B.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Gary B,

Thank you for sharing such remarkable feedback about the Novotel Ottawa Hotel.
We are delighted to know you were impressed not only with our newly renovated room, in house facilities and our convenient location, but also with the service of the team.
I am very happy that I was personally able to speak with you during your stay and was able to make it one to remember.
Gary, we hope you will visit us the next time your travel plans bring you back to the city.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I have to say, Kelly - the reservation agent was simply the best. She answered all my questions prior to arrival and gave me a free upgrade to the 'next generation' room. The key is make sure you book renovated rooms. My friends were on the third floor, and they did not have the amazing waterfall-like shower heads. the bed was comfy and the headboard lighting was an added plus. Ottawa is a great city, and this hotel is literally walking distance to everything including the mall and parliament hill. The wifi works great! Also you get free water in the room and a fridge.

Room Tip: Choose renovated rooms. there are Cora's & Tims nearby; no need to book the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear NL,

Thank you for the feedback! I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience staying with us at the Novotel Ottawa Hotel.
We will for sure pass on your comments to Kelly and the rest of the team as this will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services at every given opportunity.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed for a work meeting for a week at this hotel. It is well located, just in downtown Ottawa and I think the beds and bedrooms are fair enough. On the low sides we have to wait for three hours during a day to enter our room since the system was having issues and all the guests weren t able to access their own rooms. This was a complete disaster and chaos. I ve never had to face a situation like this during a trip and the way the personel of the hotel handled it was below the needed.
The breakfast is too expensive for the quality you get, the service at the breakfast room is also below the expectations and overall the breakfast is very disapointing.
The gym is quite well, but only one eliptical machine.
I dont know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Came for one night Victoria day weekend. The rooms were clean and nice. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. Only complaint is the pool area was very noisy and extremely busy but I guess that would be expected on a rainy long weekend. Location was awesome right downtown we were able to walk to all our restaurants and attractions.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple