1,388 results
All reviews boutique hotel glass of sparkling wine valet parking great boutique slater street downtown ottawa byward market rooms are small bottled water parliament hill business district valet service queen room comfy bed central location upon check major attractions
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Arc The Hotel was my choice for a quick weekend break with my sister. It was centrally located downtown very close to Bank St with shops and restaurants, and a very short walk to the Parliament buildings and Sparks St. A good clean room with a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I spent a night in Ottawa so I could visit my son who goes to university in Ottawa. I booked on Hotwire. When we arrived on Saturday we were not able to get two double beds because they were over booked on those rooms. The room was clean and had coffee and little creamers in the fridge which is better than powdered stuff. The green apples I read about didn’t appear until the evening but I grabbed a couple for the morning. The free glass of wine was non existent as well. No big deal but I read other people’s reviews and thought it was a nice touch.

Valet parking was quoted at $40!! Apparently on street parking was free on the weekend but we couldn’t find a space. We parked in the parking garage a half block away which was Free!!!!

We had a nice time in Ottawa. Hotel was close to where we wanted to be.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Which would be fine if the price paid indicated the quality, however it is not. Would not recommend. I stay in many hotels for both business and leisure travel and this is not usual. It is close to parliament, that is the one positive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ArcTheHotel, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear SALabbe,

We are sorry to read that you had an underwhelming experience at our hotel. This is not a comment that we frequently hear but we can certainly understand your disappointment. We wish we could have remedied this situation with an alternative room in order for you to get the rest you deserve. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend while in Ottawa for my daughter's award dinner. Nice hotel close to Parliament and restaurants on Sparks. Pleasant welcome. Elevator a bit slow. Comfortable king bed in good size room. View wasn't great but it was a good night sleep. Had drinks in the lounge. Good selection but would suggest that some kind of bar snacks like pretzels would be nice. Would stay here again when in Ottawa.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Fantastic location, close to all the sightseeing spots, coffee shops and great restaurants. The rooms were ok, no spectacular views or anything due to its downtown location. The walls are pretty thin and it had an Old Hotel trying to be Hip and Modern feel to it. As for a business meeting location with boardroom amenities, not so much. For a few nights stay to see the sights its doable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Westside have look out at a concrete wall but you can at least have your blinds open to let the light in. Also, some bathrooms have a window in the shower with a blind??? Not so great with office buildings looking in lol!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business