“Great value for money”
Review of ARC The Hotel

ARC The Hotel
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Room was very clean and spacious. Bed also really comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Staff very helpful and welcoming all the time. Really exceeded our expectations. And the location is perfect, close to public transport and parliament hill, which is great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ArcTheHotel, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for the impeccable review! We are always so happy to read that we exceeded expectations through comfort and customer service. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 26 September 2017

No store for neccessities inside hotel or gym for the traveler. Overall the hotel and the room was very clean and the coffee bar was a plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed there for two nights. The check in process was fast, and the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. I had a one King bed room, and it is very spacious. Everything is very clean as well. On my first night there I had dinner at their restaurant and the food was excellent. The server was very friendly and helpful in terms of helping me to order food.

The only downside was on Monday early morning, the garbage truck would come and pick up the garbage and was creating a very loud voice. I was a bit under the weather already and woke me up so I wasn't resting too well. However, the hotel staff did help me to get a kettle so I can make some hot water in my room to feel better.

One thing to note is I was told that Wi-Fi access inside your room is charged separately. I used Wi-Fi in the lobby instead.

Other than that the location is excellent - walking location to Tim Hortons, Second Cup, Subway, Parliament Hill, Sparks Streets etc.

Room Tip: Asked for a room at the back, but not right next to the garbage truck drop off.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I stayed for two nights. The location is excellent. Check-in was smooth and they let me have my room early at 1 pm which I appreciated - although the lobby area had a musty smell. The staff were friendly and helpful. A few things kept me from giving this a higher rating. The biggest issue for me was that my room faced the adjacent building and I had an excellent view of the people in conference rooms right next to me. I assume this also means they could see into my room and as a result I kept my blinds closed for the whole stay (even the bathroom had a clear glass window!). The room itself was large, clean and comfortable - although on the dark side without the natural light. The bed was soft and I had no trouble sleeping. There was a safe available and ample desk area for working. The elevator in this building is also painfully slow and there did not seem to be a service elevator as I constantly would run into staff moving laundry carts from floor-to-floor in the main elevators. In-room dining was reasonably quick and of good quality. Overall next time I will pay an extra $40 to stay at the Fairmont just a few blocks away (my client selected the hotel this time).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the street. Some rooms facing the west side look into the building next doo...
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My girlfriend and I stay here whenever we are in Ottawa and always select a room with one of their large, oval tubs. Breakfast in bed always has a lot of fruit and the staff is helpful. There is no pool and it is a short walk to Byward Market and the Houses of Parliament but we like this place better than the rather staid Elgin or Fairmont.

4/5 is only because there is no pool. Otherwise, this place gets closer to a 5/5, particularly for the price

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple