1,402 results
All reviews boutique hotel glass of sparkling wine valet parking great boutique slater street downtown ottawa byward market rooms are small bottled water parliament hill business district valet service queen room bed was very comfortable central location upon check major attractions
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I stayed for two nights. The location is excellent. Check-in was smooth and they let me have my room early at 1 pm which I appreciated - although the lobby area had a musty smell. The staff were friendly and helpful. A few things kept me from giving this a higher rating. The biggest issue for me was that my room faced the adjacent building and I had an excellent view of the people in conference rooms right next to me. I assume this also means they could see into my room and as a result I kept my blinds closed for the whole stay (even the bathroom had a clear glass window!). The room itself was large, clean and comfortable - although on the dark side without the natural light. The bed was soft and I had no trouble sleeping. There was a safe available and ample desk area for working. The elevator in this building is also painfully slow and there did not seem to be a service elevator as I constantly would run into staff moving laundry carts from floor-to-floor in the main elevators. In-room dining was reasonably quick and of good quality. Overall next time I will pay an extra $40 to stay at the Fairmont just a few blocks away (my client selected the hotel this time).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the street. Some rooms facing the west side look into the building next door so there is little privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My girlfriend and I stay here whenever we are in Ottawa and always select a room with one of their large, oval tubs. Breakfast in bed always has a lot of fruit and the staff is helpful. There is no pool and it is a short walk to Byward Market and the Houses of Parliament but we like this place better than the rather staid Elgin or Fairmont.

4/5 is only because there is no pool. Otherwise, this place gets closer to a 5/5, particularly for the price

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Our room was somewhat small but very comfortable and outfitted with all the necessities. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and professional, and the Arc occupies a great location — we found the area very walkable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2017

From the moment we drove up to the front entrance, we never heard one pleasantry. No one to greet us, front desk very abrupt and not even a Hello! When I did say hello to William, he looked at me rather surprised. We walked into a dark room with the tiniest of bathrooms and saw the bed and thought we were in someone's room as it looked as if someone had been lying on it. There was the breakfast menu leaning on the pillow so I guess that's what the hotel thinks a made bed looks like. We had to go down to the front desk for get soap and shampoo. It would have been good if there were sheers on the windows along with the blackout blinds. The room was so dark because you had close the blinds for privacy. After our day of sightseeing in Ottawa (the location is good for that) we returned to our room at 6:30 to find our bed was exactly the way we had left it at 9:00 that morning. We told the front desk and all they wanted to know was our room number. No apology! The room had been "serviced" but I guess when we had pulled the sheets up over the pillows the cleaning staff thought that was "made"! Wonder what they thought the black hair on the shower wall was as it was there when we arrived and still there when we left! On our check out Monday morning, I was thinking that maybe they would take off one night's parking charge ($40.00!!) because of the lack of room servicing, but no. Not even "How was your stay?". Could not get out of that hotel faster!!

Room Tip: Would assume all rooms are dark because of the proximity to other office buildings
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norinne C
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I drive for different types of music artist and have stayed in many different hotel chains. My experience with this hotel was vary good from check in to check out. The only problem that I had with any thing was the tv was not working I found the plug fell out of the back of the tv so I fixed it

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business