Fairmont Chateau Laurier
US$127
US$170
Priceline
3,365 results
All reviewsgold floorzoe's loungepresident's clubbyward marketrideau canalbeautiful hotelclassic hotelparliament hilldeluxe roomottawa riverwar memorialan upgradevalet parkingnational galleryvisiting ottawalaurierconcierge
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Pros: The hallways are extra wide, twice the size of average hotels. The beds and linens are super soft and comfortable - what one has come to expect from a Fairmont hotel. Pool was full sized (length and depth). Large gym with lots of equipment, but was crowed the two times I visited during my stay.
Cons: The furnishings are dated. Some would call it charming, but compared to the brand new hotels popping up in the Ottawa area, like Andaz Byward Market, which are bright and airy with modern furnishings designed for comfort, Fairmont can do more to step up its game (e.g. extra service, such as turndown service with chocolate, or a cozy coffee/tea area in the lobby with complimentary coffee/hot chocolate/loose leave tea/fruit infused water). Unfortunately I stayed at a 1st floor room, overlooking the front entrance. The street lights were right outside of my windows and blindingly bright - seeps through even with blinds fully pulled down.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for taking the tome to share your thoughts with us and others on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We stayed here for one night during the Canada 150 celebrations. This is my second stay at this hotel and I am still amazed at its beauty. Check-in was efficient, but we had to wait a bit for our room. I was a little disappointed how it was handled - another couple also trying to check-in beside us had different service, but admittedly we did not speak up at the time . Instead we went to Zoe's for a bite to eat while waiting for our room. Unfortunately, the service there was also quite disappointing. We left the hotel to wait and enjoyed the Canada 150 festivities for the rest of the afternoon. The room was average size with two comfy beds and a little bathroom with lovely decor. Our view was not too bad, you could see a bit of the river and the Parliament buildings as well as some of the other wing of the hotel (also quite lovely to look at). I love the rose toiletries at the Fairmont hotels as well as their maple tea. I also love the location of this hotel since it is within walking distance of many other Ottawa attractions. I will try to stay at this hotel again during my next trip to Ottawa and hope that the unusual service we received this visit was due to the holiday weekend and not the standard.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We do hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back one day soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Best location on the corner of 2 waterways--great views. Walk to shopping, the rideau canal, parliament, she sparks strew mall and rideau street mall. The building is very old... the rooms clean but smallish.

Stayed: October 2017
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

We are certainly fortunate to have the premier location in the heart of our Nation’s Capital!

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

For many years I have been going to Zoe's for dinner before attending The Nutcracker at the NAC. This is how I start my Christmas season. The ambience has always been elegant and sophisticated. The food, excellent. Imagine my surprise when last night I walked into the bar and saw what could be easily found in any restaurant or bar anywhere in almost any city. Modern, dull and altogether uninspiring. Two people enjoyed their meals of salmon and a spaghetti squash concoction. Two others were very disappointed with the french onion soup and their meals Needless to say, with the cost for the dishes you would expect them to be exceptional. The service was, as always, impeccable but I will be enjoying my pre Nutcracker dinner elsewhere next year.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Mary,

We regret that your our disappointed with the renovations recently revealed for Zoe’s.

We value your opinion and do hope you have a change of heart and return one day soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is a grand hotel in the true sense. Centrally located next door to the parliament, walking distance to the Byward Market and Rideau Centre, the main indoor shopping mall in downtown Ottawa. There are a lot of convention rooms in the hotel suitable for conferences. There is a spa and a nice size swimming pool but no hot tub.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear Edward,

We are delighted that your stay in Ottawa’s ‘castle’ was a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.