All reviews full kitchen separate bedroom parliament hill within walking distance underground parking rideau canal byward market elgin st downtown ottawa bit dated minute walk own meals location is excellent indoor pool hot tub well equipped kitchen living area
Reviewed 22 October 2018

My family and I stayed here this past weekend and was very pleased with this hotel. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a larger suite (free of charge) and we were very content with the amenities within it. The kitchen was stocked full with pots, pans, silverware, plates and cups. There was ample space in the living area, and the beds were comfortable. The pillows were a bit flat but nevertheless, the mattress was very soft and easy to sleep on.

We went swimming both nights. The pool is a great size, it is not heated, but you get used to it after a bit so no problem at all. The hot tub was relaxing but the whirlpool jets were not operating (might need to be fixed). We really enjoyed the sauna, perfect way to dry off after being in the pool.

As for location, this hotel excels in being conveniently located to tons of amenities! Restaurants, shopping and major attractions are all within a short walk. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family. The hotel is budget friendly for what it offers and is more affordable than other downtown hotels. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SuiteCartier, Guest Relations Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Adam

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the indoor pool as well as our prime downtown location during your recent stay with us. We thank you for notifying us of the issue with the pool heater and hot tub jets and have notified maintenance so that this can be fixed. We hope that you will return so that you can experience a wonderful stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

My husband booked this hotel while we were driving from Toronto to Ottawa on Saturday , September 22 afternoon to spend a weekend in Ottawa. As long as we made decision to travel at the very last minute, we did not book a hotel. So, we needed a place to stay. I called to this hotel and a girl in an unpleasant manner explained to me that the cheapest room is on $169 rate. I was upset. My husband called the the hotel 40-45 min later and got a room for $140/night (or so). The difference was obvious, but not explainable. We arrived around 9:30 pm. We were tired. To get a key took at least half an hour. We went to a room and found the the chord of the hair-drier was stained in a red colour substance that looks like blood. We got another room. I asked a receptionist to give me manager's contact info. She did. however, every attempt to send pics via e-mail were unsuccessful. It was so frustrating. We could not get to a bed until 11 pm. We were exhausted and disappointed. Having thoughts what kind of other dirt or biological substances we could expect to find in a room. Absolutely unacceptable.

Room tip: Choose another place. Overpriced for the service they are able to provide.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SuiteCartier, Public Relations Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Cartier Client

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. We
are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Please email us with a phone
number or email address so our Guest Service Manager can further discuss your recent stay.
You can email her directly at gaoude@suitedreams.com

Reviewed 14 October 2018

The pool and the kitchen are why I use this hotel when I'm in town for work.

In my last review I mentioned that the pool wasn't very clean, but they seem to have fixed that and it was in great shape this time.

The rooms really do have poor lighting (they need brighter bulbs) but it's not dark in the room. My room had a few minor issues (1 kitchen outlet didn't work, and the bathroom tile really needed the grout cleaned). Overall the cleaning staff do a great job, and the room was very clean.

It was pretty much what I was expecting, and I'd stay here again, though I really wish they'd get all the little maintenance issues dealt with in the rooms - there's been something in every room I stayed in.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Almaniac
SuiteCartier, Front Office Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Cartier Client

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was
not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff.
Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to our Nation's Capital.

Our Guest Service Manager would love to hear from you directly. Please contact her at gaoude@suitedreams.com

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We chose this hotel for a mini family getaway. 2 adults, 3 late teens, we booked a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel is very well located near the corner of Elgin & Cooper. There's a Sobeys about 2 blocks away, tons of restaurants on Elgin & it's walking distance to Parliament Hill & Byward Market, Rideau Center (roughly 20 minutes). The location was perfect for us as we walked everywhere. Left the car in the underground parking $30/day.
The hotel itself is an older concrete building, soundproofing seemed to be adequate as we weren't bothered by any noise & the hotel was practically full. The suite was large enough with the bedrooms at opposite ends and the kitchen, dining/living room in the middle. Only drawback was that there was only 1 bathroom. The beds were ok even though ours was supposed to be a queen size but turned out to be a double. The sofa bed wasn't comfortable according to my daughter. Kitchen came fully equipped with a large fridge, stove. Can't remember if there was a dishwasher. There were dishes, cups, cutlery & pots and pans. The kids also enjoyed the indoor pool & jacuzzi while we relaxed on the small patio in back of the building. There's also a small playground for young kids.We paid $275/night and thought the hotel offered good value. We would definitely stay here again & have no hesitation in recommending this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
SuiteCartier, Guest Relations Manager at Cartier Place Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Lookingforanswers,

As a valued guest it was wonderful to hear that our great location, was well appreciated during your recent stay with us. Our Two Bedroom Suites are 635 square feet and feature a queen bed, two twin beds and a double pull out sofa bed suitable for family stays.
All your comments are essential to educating our staff and we will ensure your feedback will be given to all.

Do check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed here with my wife and could not fault the place. Well equipped kitchen, comfortable lounge area, good bathroom, nice bedroom. It is located in a good area with nice pubs and restaurants around. Close to many main attractions, it is just off Eglin which is one of the main streets so easy to your way to and from.

We did not use the pool, but it looked good.

There was a power cut one morning (possibly result of tornado in Gatineau as lots of traffic lights were out also). No drama as generator kicked in and staff phoned guests to keep them informed.

Would definitely stay again and recommend. I wish that our hotels in Montreal and Quebec city had been as good and as cheap.

Ian

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ian,

We were pleased to hear that your stay was fantastic, and we do thank you for your patience during the power outage.
Your review has been sent to all our departments, so our employees can share this wonderful comments.