1,919 results
All reviews underground parking parliament hill canadian museum of nature within walking distance bank street minute walk elgin st small kitchenette ottawa downtown mini kitchen queen suite continental breakfast the breakfast area breakfast was excellent yogurt separate bedroom very nice hotel
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Best Western Ottawa downtown hotel so much.. the receptionist Daveson was so kind and cooperative.. They upgraded my room in order to fulfill my need for a higher floor. Overall, good service for the amount of money I payed

Date of stay: December 2016
OttawaDowntownSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear smalyami,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with an upgraded suite.
We hope to welcome you back on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share a review and for choosing to stay with us.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We were a family of four and had a nice room with two double beds. Beds were confortable and the room was clean. We also had a good service for the check in and out. Parking entry was a bit small for my car. Breakfast was also good. We would go back there anytime.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
OttawaDowntownSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear MartinBlais,

We would like to say thank you for taking the time to share your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and how their stays were.
We are pleased to hear that yours was a positive one and you enjoyed your beds and the breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2016

I had to attend a funeral in Ottawa, a city whose hotels are in my experience generally overpriced and poor value. We booked to arrive on the 27th for two nights but could not get in because the airport closed due to weather. We called around 7:30 PM to let them know. The woman at reception took down my information and promised there would be rooms for us the next night. We arrived late the next night. The same woman was there. She noticed the letterhead on an envelope I was carrying was for a funeral parlor, and asked if we were in town for a funeral. We said yes and she automatically dropped the rate down significantly. We were not charged for the previous night which we had to cancel late.

The hotel itself was good and well maintained. The rooms were clean and appropriately appointed. Overall we will return to this simple but very good hotel with excellent staff

Dear drsjadfoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are terribly sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
We are pleased to hear that our agent at check in was able to accommodate a bereavement rate for you.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon, perhaps though, under more favourable conditions.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Everything is bilingual in this resort:elevator announcement is done in our both national language, all notices and advertising are displayed in English and French ... but the lady at the Front desk does not not a French word even Bienvenue ! And instead of apologizing for herself and on behalf of the Company, she argues that Ottawa is not a bilingual city and that hôtels has no obligation to offer service in Freanh.
Same attitude for parking fees. $ 24 for a night for indoor parking. She didn't tell me that parking on the street was free for this night (saturday to sunday). I has been told my an Ottawa Citizen that it was free praking in the street. Instead of excuse herself, she argue a new time that...
Never back to Best Western where clerks does not know how to welcome customers after a long ride.

Bonjour 162yves,

Je tiens à vous remercier d’avoir pris quelques instants pour partager votre avis avec nous et pour porter vos préoccupations à notre attention.
We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We're sorry that your first impression and check in experience was a less than satisfactory one. We understand the importance of bilingualism in Ottawa and we do offer extensive service in French.
I would welcome a further discussion regarding your stay. I can be reached at 613.288.0986 at your leisure.
We would hope that you would reconsider staying with us again on your next visit to allow us the opportunity to provide you with superior guest experience.

Cordialement,

Andrew Busing
Directeur de la Service a la Clientele.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I was disappointed with the condition of the room. It really needed to be refurbished. The bed was good and so were the pillows. Staff was very nice. The breakfast was terrible. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for one that has bee remodelled.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
OttawaDowntownSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear Jo K,

We are sorry to hear about the condition of your Suite. We do have some plans for upgrades to our hotel in the near future. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bed and pillows but troubled to hear that the breakfast was not as enjoyable. If you would like to discuss your stay I would always welcome a further discussion. I can be reached directly at andrew@bestwesternottawa.com.

We hope that you would reconsider your recommendation and perhaps join us again in 2017, as Canada Celebrates its 150th Birthday.

Front Office Manager.