“Canada's best!!”

and up
Best of Ottawa Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 287 things to do in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Canadian War Museum is more than a museum that is internationally renowned for its symbolic architecture; it is synonym for inspiring and touching stories. Canada's rich military history is showcased through personal stories, artwork, photographs and interactive presentations. Tour the extensive permanent exhibitions and expand your knowledge of the conflicts that shaped Canada, Canadians and the world, as well as the roll Canadians played in them.
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Canada can feel proud of her participation in making the world a better and safer place for people. This is all evident in the outstanding collection of memorabilia showcased in the War Museum.

1  Thank Reynelle L

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Museum was very informative and moving also, just a shame the poor customer service marred things in the beginning.

We had booked 3 museums via our hotel package and paid in advance. We had printed off our tickets, including barcodes and upon arrival we went to enter and were informed we needed to join the queue to exchange our print out for tickets......the line was about 30 people long, and out of 4 ticket desks, only 1 was staffed. Why do the people who check your tickets not have handheld scanners? What is the point in purchasing in advance if you have to join the queue like everyone else. Even funnier was the fact that the tv screens were advertising membership - saying it will mean you skip the lines, but a member was told she needed to line up with everyone else to get her tickets!
There was a guy sat at the Info Desk who was sat there, seemingly unable to issue tickets and looked rather uncomfortable as each person in the queue was wondering why on earth he was just sat there. There were several staff dotted around the lobby going up to people asking them if they had any questions about the museum. I had a question for them - why, upon seeing the sizeable line on a Saturday morning, didn't they jump on the cash registers?

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Museum is fascinating but can be sad to consider some of the exhibits, particularly around WW I. The building itself is stunning.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

A must see when in town. They've done a great job honouring our soldiers.

1  Thank Beachesfan
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I went here for the 1st time last summer and can't believe I never went before. I was there for about 2 hours and only made it to about a third of the exhibits I hoped to...so I'll be heading back again soon. I think this is my favourite Ottawa museum, though Ive been to Civilization too many times.

1  Thank Daveyboy613