“Went for our anniversary”
Review of Shrimp Cocktail

Shrimp Cocktail
Ranked #14 of 389 Restaurants in Oshawa
Price range: US$20 - US$79
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vanier
Description: Casual fine dining. Steakhouse, Seafood , pasta. Fresh ingrediants. House made stocks, dressings and sauces. Dietary restriction friendly.
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This has always been one of our favourite restaurants and had not been there for a year. We started off with a beer on tap that we had to send back because it was flat and tasted funny. The waiter said it was a fault of the keg. They replaced our beer with another choice. We ordered mussels which were outstanding as usual. The flat bread with the duck was quite tasteless. My pasta was described as spicy but I found it very bland and had to ask for pepper flakes. My husband had a spicy pasta dish with chorizo sausage and chicken and he said it was the right amount of spice. For desert we had the coffee creme brulee and it was excellent.

I found the service a lacking. My water was never refilled and was empty for a long time. The waiter seemed rushed and insisted on placing our desert order with our appetisers and entrees.

3  Thank traveller666

Reviewed 21 March 2012

not a bad thing to say about this place. i hve been here over a dozen times in the last few years and its always great.

2  Thank dave m
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in Durham Region, hands down. Have seldom had a better meal anywhere, ever. Staff is very attentive and professional. They always remember me and comment if I haven't been in for a while. This extends to a pleasant, professional and courteous nod when we might happen to pass each other by in public.

Very litle on the menu should not be tried, I have never had a bad selection. If there is ever a problem, just let them know and it is fixed quickly.

The open kitchen/grill is great as it provides a 'nothing hidden' atmosphere. My wife is in the service delivery business and appreciates that all personal hygieine and general cleanliness protocols are out in the open.

It can get a bit loud when fully occupied and there are no truly private tables.

1  Thank Tango9R
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Red seal chef. Excellent food. Attentive staff. Great surroundings. Reasonable prices. What more could you ask for?

Have lived in the area for 12 years and have gone to just about EVERY restaurant in the area at least once. Shrimp Cocktail is our restaurant of choice for a "nice" meal as well as a "nice casual" meal.

The menu is varied but not huge - I hate places where the menu is too big because that usually means you are eating frozen. The food is always fresh and very tasty. The wine list is very good with the staff extremely helpful in picking wines with you instead of just going with the same old familiar ones. The restaurant itself is very well appointed and the patio is nice to hang out on in the warmer months.

Overall, always a very pleasurable experience. Would highly recommend it for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Excellent choices, good service, friendly staff. Many memu items are unusual combinations that really work together.