New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 355 Restaurants in Oshawa
Price range: US$19 - US$75
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Vanier
Description: Casual fine dining. Steakhouse, Seafood , pasta. Fresh ingrediants. House made stocks, dressings and sauces. Dietary restriction friendly.
Oshawa, Canada
“Haven't been for a couple of months: missing it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in Durham Region, hands down. Have seldom had a better meal anywhere, ever. Staff is very attentive and professional. They always remember me and comment if I haven't been in for a while. This extends to a pleasant, professional and courteous nod when we might happen to pass each other by in public.

Very litle on the menu should not be tried, I have never had a bad selection. If there is ever a problem, just let them know and it is fixed quickly.

The open kitchen/grill is great as it provides a 'nothing hidden' atmosphere. My wife is in the service delivery business and appreciates that all personal hygieine and general cleanliness protocols are out in the open.

It can get a bit loud when fully occupied and there are no truly private tables.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tango9R

Toronto
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Red seal chef. Excellent food. Attentive staff. Great surroundings. Reasonable prices. What more could you ask for?

Have lived in the area for 12 years and have gone to just about EVERY restaurant in the area at least once. Shrimp Cocktail is our restaurant of choice for a "nice" meal as well as a "nice casual" meal.

The menu is varied but not huge - I hate places where the menu is too big because that usually means you are eating frozen. The food is always fresh and very tasty. The wine list is very good with the staff extremely helpful in picking wines with you instead of just going with the same old familiar ones. The restaurant itself is very well appointed and the patio is nice to hang out on in the warmer months.

Overall, always a very pleasurable experience. Would highly recommend it for lunch or dinner.

Toronto
“excllent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Excellent choices, good service, friendly staff. Many memu items are unusual combinations that really work together.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I think almost anybody would like this restaurant. They have a diverse menu and the food is delicious. I love the atmosphere, very up to date and gives off a cool lounge vibe. If this place was in downtown Toronto, it could complete with the upscale places.

Vancouver, Canada
“Absolutely delicous food made all the more lovely by chatty and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I really don't know how to explain my experience here, because we came to this restaurant on the recommendation of a reliable friend. We walked in, and we were the first guests for lunch -- the place was empty. The two waitresses on shift at the time were wearing the same outfit, and I still have yet to determine if it was their work outfit or not: tight mini skirts with fish nets, knee-high boots, and button-up blouses. Not the most professional I'd say, as they looked as if they were working in a strip club. Nevertheless, my hesistant first impression soon wore off when I found how talkative and encouraging the waitresses were. Now if you aren't the most open and chatty person, they may seem overbearing, but my mom really liked them, and I found them quite friendly. They made great recommendations.
Now the food, oh the food! The food is truly what made me choose this 5-star rating. I ordered the crab cakes on tartar sauce and the grilled chicken salad -- best crab cakes and salad I've ever tasted! I devoured both plates, as well as seriously contributing to the demise of the frites that we ordered, and the steaming warm freshly baked buns that they brought to the table. That, along with my fulfilling darjeeling tea, made for a perfect meal. Both my mom and my sister seriously satisfied their taste buds as well. New favourite restaurant if I do say so myself.
The restaurant is well designed with comfortable booths, welcoming staff, open kitchen, and spacious bar. The bathroom is also well-stocked with everything you need: mouthwash, tampons, hand wash, hand cream, hairspray...
I recommend this for the adventurous person looking to enjoy some great food with a fantastic seafood selection! (It is called SHRIMP Cocktail, after all)

• Visited January 2012