Free cancellation until 29/07
US$86
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$81
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmobility issuesoff the highwaygo trainroom was cleanlots of pillowswireless internetgreat sleepeasy accessexcellent stayhot breakfastdurhamexithousekeeperqueen
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This hotel was quite nice in decor and excellent service. The bed was very comfortable. The washroom was on the small side but adequate. The breakfast was quite good as well. The two issues we had were the room was on the warm side and we could not get it any cooler. But the worst part was the internet, it was very slow or did not load at all. We asked front desk and they said to call the company. We called them twice but it didn't help that much. This was frustrating, especially for our teenage sons. Overall, I would still recommend this hotel. It is good quality for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

I am glad to hear overall your stay was a good experience, but I am sorry to hear about your internet issues. Not typically a problem we face so I will be following up with our provider. Although we were experiencing much higher than normal usage at peak times due to the large volume of young athletes and families in town for the Lacrosse Tournament. I assure you the issue will be investigated and addressed as I do know the importance of a good connection for all of our guests, I appreciate you bringing to my attention.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Near the train, clean, good breakfast, fridge in room , great staff, comfort, everything was fine and at a good price, we will be coming back for sure. Better park at the hotel and go walking for the train best choice to go in downtown Toronto, only one hour away by Go train to Union station

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad to hear you had a great stay, look forward to hosting you again soon. Always a great choice if you can avoid driving right into the city, avoid all that traffic and stress by stopping before highway gets to busy. A relaxing train ride and an hour later in the heart of downtown Toronto and all sporting events.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This property is no frills but decent. Just stayed here with my kids for our lacrosse tournament. There isn't a pool and our room didn't have a working heater. (I know being August and all...I wasn't feeling well and wanted some heat. I also tried to dry my son's lacrosse gear and it ended up soaking wet - the drip tray was full)
The location was good - near 401. The included breakfast was atrocious. I've have to assume the hotel buys the items precooked then reheats them. Even the cottage cheese/yogurt was tepid.
No pool - but they did have a basketball court. That was pretty cool. They also had a small courtyard with bbq . Free WiFi connection was terrible.
If I had a choice though - I probably would choose a different hotel.

1  Thank Bonnie F
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during the always busy Lacrosse tournament, glad to hear the location worked well and the kids enjoyed the basketball court. I do apologize about the heat it is turned off during the Summer months, but can be reactivated for a guest if requested. I am disappointed to hear we were not able to exceed your expectations with breakfast as we typically do offering a wide variety of fresh hot and cold items to suit all our guests tastes.

I hope your son had a successful tournament.

Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2017

we appreciate your hospitality and need you at a time when our age and health is getting less interesting. we like Oshawa and wanted to see more but it is practical to stay off the 401,my husband and I.Thanks

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

It was a short family trip planned at the last minute nearby Lake Ontario region (beach, zoo, parcs) and we offered our little boy his first night at the hotel experience. He was very excited to spend a night in an hotel room and far from home, he feel all grown up now! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for sharing, I hope you managed to visit all the spots on your itinerary. Glad we were able to be your Boys first memory of a Hotel experience, and will be a lasting memory for him. We will look forward to hosting you again next time visiting the area.

Regards