Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This property is no frills but decent. Just stayed here with my kids for our lacrosse tournament. There isn't a pool and our room didn't have a working heater. (I know being August and all...I wasn't feeling well and wanted some heat. I also tried to dry my son's lacrosse gear and it ended up soaking wet - the drip tray was full)
The location was good - near 401. The included breakfast was atrocious. I've have to assume the hotel buys the items precooked then reheats them. Even the cottage cheese/yogurt was tepid.
No pool - but they did have a basketball court. That was pretty cool. They also had a small courtyard with bbq . Free WiFi connection was terrible.
If I had a choice though - I probably would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie F
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during the always busy Lacrosse tournament, glad to hear the location worked well and the kids enjoyed the basketball court. I do apologize about the heat it is turned off during the Summer months, but can be reactivated for a guest if requested. I am disappointed to hear we were not able to exceed your expectations with breakfast as we typically do offering a wide variety of fresh hot and cold items to suit all our guests tastes.

I hope your son had a successful tournament.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

we appreciate your hospitality and need you at a time when our age and health is getting less interesting. we like Oshawa and wanted to see more but it is practical to stay off the 401,my husband and I.Thanks

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

It was a short family trip planned at the last minute nearby Lake Ontario region (beach, zoo, parcs) and we offered our little boy his first night at the hotel experience. He was very excited to spend a night in an hotel room and far from home, he feel all grown up now! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for sharing, I hope you managed to visit all the spots on your itinerary. Glad we were able to be your Boys first memory of a Hotel experience, and will be a lasting memory for him. We will look forward to hosting you again next time visiting the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We have stayed at this location many times and find the rooms immaculate. ( main reason why we return).The staff is accommodating, friendly and very helpful. The room location is always easily accessible by elevator although we most often use the steps on arrival. The rooms are quiet and in a well lit area.

Room Tip: We enjoy the suites on the first floor by the dining area.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with others the great experience you have come to enjoy on each visit. Our staff truly enjoy exceeding the customer experience, and take pride in everything they do.
We will see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I used them for my wedding guests. Was very happy that they allowed my guests to ck in early prior to wedding. Adam was very helpful when I booked my block of rooms as well as the front desk staff every one was very friendly

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Congratulations I hope your day was every bit as special as you imagined, glad to hear we were able to help with your day and your guests were all comfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Steve Morris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!