Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Wasn't here long...got in late and left early but this was a nice place...I was worried when I booked through hotels.com that it might be in a seedy area but great well lit parking lots with lots of room to park my truck and trailer. Check in service was wonderful.
room was very clean, modern and good thermostat control. It was quiet despite Hwy 401 being closeby. Would definitely go again given its good value.

Left too early in the morning for the free breakfast which is too bad...they offer a bite to go option for early risers but when I asked about it for my son and I, the morning guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, gave me one bottle of Perrier and a bag of pretzels...said he didn't have the water or fruit, and didn't have anything for 2 people, just one...that kind of sucked.

I would caution that for older people you need to state you need a spot near the front as there can be a lot of walking as the hotel as a few wings that are very long. Even coming in from the street level, you have to walk upstairs to go to the lobby/office which would not be great for elderly or disabled folks. They likely have options but not as handy as some places.

Room Tip: close to lobby if mobility issues
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us, glad you found our property well suited your needs. I apologize the night clerk was not able to provide you with more options since you were departing prior to our breakfast at 6am. I will ensure he is aware of where all the to go options are to make available to our guests. We certainly do have some long corridors with all 83 rooms split on 2 floors, but there is several entrances along each corridor that are ground level no stairs and an elevator to access 2nd floor.

Look forward to hosting your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We found that gps does not direct you to this location. Front desk said it has been that way for about 3 years. I suggested they send an email to Garmin and other gps locating device companies and explain the road has changed. it will take some time, but will be worth it to help customers find them, especially if coming from the East. Rooms are nice, but did not find vanity light switch for 3 days. It is in the closet. Must not have been moved when remodeled building. Front desk people were all very friendly and helpful. You hear the fast train at night in the back side of building.

Room Tip: rooms in back are near train tracks
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting us in Oshawa, and I apologize for the frustration your GPS caused hopefully you were still able to find us easily enough. We have investigated the issue and have found that more recent systems and those that have been updated find us no problem, as well as live navigation like google maps will get you to the front door. For those having issues when exiting the highway at Stevenson follow the signs to Bloor st.
Thank you for bringing this up, will definitely help for future travelers.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Good , clean room , nice smells and atmosphere.. price higher then others on my way but it worth it. I recommend this place to anybody wanna stay near Toronto as for me it was optimal solution for that I was expecting...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
bwoshawa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us, glad to hear we were a perfect fit for your travelling needs. Look forward to hosting you again in future.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I needed somewhere to stay while I was attending the VARAC races at Mosport and found this accommodation through Hotels.com and was very pleased with the accommodation. The location not so much. Right beside a busy train track. Also, the windows did not seal properly.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are a handy location if attending the races and we host many fans and racing teams alike. The train is close by which also works in our favour with easy Go Train access to downtown Toronto, although only a few trains run at night i would recommend requesting a room near the front of property to avoid disturbance. Look forward to hosting you next time at the races.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Best Westen in Oshawa for one night on our way the the U2 concert in Toronto. Great place to stay, quiet, clean, plus we were informed by the staff at check in that we were within walkable distance form the GO train! Amazing!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I heard the concert was amazing. It is definitely very convenient to utilize the Go Train and avoid that drive into downtown Toronto, with the congestion and crazy parking rates. Look forward to your next visit.

Steve Morris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!