All reviews country inn no elevator cookies front desk breakfast room fridge and microwave tim hortons oatmeal free coffee the ground floor stay there again breakfast was included room was large first floor oakville area gas station niagara falls
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stayed one night at this hotel. Spacious room but dated furniture adequate and clean. There is a flat TV, large upholstered chair, window with sheers and blackout drapes. Microwave and fridge in corner. I turned down fridge temperature, then eventually unplugged; I found it noisy since hotel was so quiet. My room faced away from hiway.
Very modern air conditioner worked well. Open closet next to bathroom has iron & board along with extra pillow and blanket. Bathroom well lit and has large vanity. Bathtub in white tubsurround is one of the longest I've been in.

My last stay five years ago, this was a Country Inn by Carlson. It's currently a Quality Hotel, but about to go through major makeover and be renamed. Note that there is no elevator.

Complimentary breakfast included eggs, bacon, and waffles. Wifi worked fine; there's also computer in front lobby. Self serve cookies and juice also in lobby. Tim Hortons, Wendys, and a gas station are next door.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ABtraveller
Reviewed 27 June 2018

In stark contrast to The Marigold in Brampton (CRAP) I rate this inn as a hotel! Great staff, friendly and professional front desk staff. Very clean, full breakfast - not continental. Quiet area. It was nice see the hotel is going through renovations to make it more accessible for everyone. The little touches left a lasting impression. A waffle maker?! Tea time with a variety of teas, coffee and cookies! Oh the cookies! Homemade cookies! I'm still going through withdrawal. I wanted to go back at tea time today just to make sure the cookies were as fresh & delicious as the other days; I like to be thorough in my reviews. ;) This is a must stay and I will go back.... soon!

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms. They seem well maintained.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I stayed for one night on May 28, 2018. I had booked this hotel as it was close to an appointment I had on May 29, 2018. I was greeted by Mark, a nice man who worked at the front desk. Despite being very pleasant, Mark had a strong odour of cigarette smoke and was smoking on the bench out front of the hotel when I arrived. The smoking area is at the front entrance with a bench and receptacles for cigarettes. The front entrance is dirty and littered with cigarette butts. I have nothing against smokers but it would be nice to go into the hotel without having to walk through a cloud of smoke. The property is quite large and there would be plenty of room to have a nice smoking area away from the front of the hotel.

I was in the room working on a document for work. The wifi stopped and I lost some of my work. I was advised that the wifi goes off but comes right back on. I had inquired about the wifi quality as it is integral to my work.

The breakfast area is nice but the air conditioning was off and it was well over 90 degrees in the room. I decided to simply get a coffee and went back to my room.

The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the hallway was quiet.

I will be going to Oakville for business once per month and will not stay at the Quality Inn again.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor as they do not have an elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank bezeb00
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Good size room with two very comfortable queen beds. Room was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed in. Had a nice chair with a comfy foot stool for watching TV with extra pillow and blanket to snuggle up with. Fridge and microwave in the room which came in handy. All in all very good value for the are.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This hotel is located off the QEW & is located near many amenities.
Please be expected to pay a $200 accidental fee when arriving which is not listed or stated when booking online so it was a unexpected fee. You do get your money back when leaving. The room itself was big & clean but I did notice in behind the stand the fridge sits on hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned in awhile this makes me question a few things. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was clean!!

Even though this property is under going some reno's this property really wasn't effected to much. If your looking for a quiet place to lay your head then this would be the place.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet at night
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends