All reviews hotel restaurant front desk staff stayed here for one night off the highway comfortable stay beds were very comfortable quick check separate bedroom mini fridge fitness room the hotel is clean convenient location free parking home away from home bronte qew charles
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I definitely recommend this hotel. From the peaceful rock garden with waterfalls out front to the lovely décor inside. Honourable mentions go to Charles - Front desk, Flor - Housekeeping & Anna - Head Waitress in the restaurant. Breakfast not included but delicious! Very clean & large rooms. Quiet, calming and an amazing staff; very friendly & professional.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend to attend a wedding next door at the Oakville Conference Centre. While this is the typical Holiday Inn that one would expect, there are a few things that made this a really good stay.

First off, we were greeted warmly by the clerk at the front desk who was training someone new. I asked him for a room away from the elevator, which was a wise move as there are several rooms right at the elevator. This means that there are rooms within a few feet of the elevator doors, which wouldn't be ideal if you're noise sensitive. That said, my room was right at the end of the hallway, which was good.

In terms of the room, I was in 401 which has a side window as well as windows opposite the door. The side windows makes for lovely light during the day, but if you're a late sleeper, it's not great because the sun shines in early during summer months and can confuse one into thinking that a light has been turned on. Not a bad thing if you want to awake early. This also matters because the beds and pillows are surprisingly comfortable and encourage a good sleep.

The room would benefit with a fridge, and it looks like there's a spot for it, but we just filled up our soft cooler bag with ice to store our food/drink items. Not perfect, but it worked.

We didn't really use the facilities, although we did use the bar on Saturday night and the breakfast facility on Monday morning of the long weekend. The waitress on Monday morning (Anna?) was gracious, accommodating and hospitable. We chose the buffet option and had our eggs poached to order, which were perfect. I can absolutely recommend breakfast at this hotel.

The location is also good, somewhere midway between Toronto and Niagara, so if you're planning to visit Toronto and Niagara, this is an affordable option with free parking. It's also just off the highway, which is convenient for anyone wanting to access the QEW without traffic.

Although I live only 20 minutes away (when there's no traffic) in downtown Toronto, I would recommend this hotel with little reservation and would not hesitate to stay again if the occasion demanded it.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator doors as several of the rooms are immediately adjacent to (five feet away from) the elevators.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I stayed on the night of August 3rd and 4th 2018. It is a clean hotel with comfortable large rooms. Good washroom and clean crisp linens. The front staff is ok. The wake-up alarm for 630 am never went off. In any case, I dont trust hotel wake up calls.

Breakfast should ideally be added to the rent but I saw other reviews not very appreciative of the quality of breakfast. My mantra is to have a comfortable bed, clean crisp linens, clean nice smelling washrooms and nice air conditioning. The hotel fulfills these requirement. The hotel corridors need better cooling

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my two daughters for their first trip out of the US. We selected this hotel because of it’s location-between Niagara Falls and Toronto. We stayed here for a total of 5 nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was really good with bacon, sausage, eggs made to order and an assortment of fruit and pastries. There really aren’t any restaurants within walking distance, however the front desk clerk shared a few delivery menus with us. Nice price, convenient location!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Renovations can't fix what management misses. The Front Desk staff was welcoming and efficient. The lobby, hallway and room décor were all beautiful. Then I turned the lights on. A hole in the bathroom wall. A bug scurrying across the floor. The bottle of water costs $3, and there's no coffee for the coffee maker.

At breakfast, the bacon and sausages were both cold. When a replacement tray of scrambled eggs finally arrived at the buffet, it too was cold; worse yet, the eggs were undercooked and runny. Not able to find ketchup, I asked and was brought both a bottle and a bowl.

The sign said that the hotel management apologizes for its renovations. I think that the hotel management is missing other aspects of their guests' experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
David L, Manager on Duty at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re sorry that you received a poor level of service and quality. I have addressed these issues with our food and beverage department as well as housekeeping. We are working to enhance our property as part of our continued commitment to enhance our hotel and service. We appreciate you expressing your concerns and hope to see you in the near future thus giving us a second chance to change your views about your experience.