“Fantastic Experience - Once Again!!!”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Our second visit was as pleasurable as the first - the food was wonderfully prepared, the service by wait staff was excellent (Kim was just great!), and we walked away knowing we will definitely be back again! Hob Nob has become one of my most favorite restaurants anywhere! Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

On the site of the old Hermitage Grill. Hob Nob is a exceptional blend of southern culture food with modern flair.

Diverse menu with old favorite like chicken pot pie and shrimp and grits to butternut squash lasagna and fig and prosciutto flat bread. Clean wine pairings. Desserts looked lovely but I was stuffed. Next time I’ll try the champagne cake.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Food, ambiance, service, etc. of this restaurant housed in the St Charles Inn along Queen Street just down from the main shopping area was excellent. We have dined there in the past with similar results, which is why we made reservations to go again. Highly recommended for any foodie!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This was our first dinning experience in NOTL and unfortunately it was a total disappointment. The food was very bland and poor and service was exceptional slow throughout.
Where we had expected to have a fine dining experience at the Charles Hotel it was well below standard.
The food and service was not worth the money.

Peggy W, Manager at Hob Nob Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you BAJ89 for your recent feedback. I was disappointed to hear that you din't enjoy your dining experience while at the HobNob, as you can see by even the most recent reviews this is not the standard.

The review is a bit vague so I can't speak to what you ordered but I do wish we had the chance to make your stay more enjoyable while you were in the restaurant.

I hope that you will decide to give us another try during your next visit.

Warmest Regards,

Peggy Jo Wills
Restaurant Manager
HobNob Restaurant in The Charles Hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Good service. Free prosecco for my wife's birthday which was nice . One tiny little roll for the complimentary bread?! Really cheap there. Halibut was nicely cooked but had zero flavour. No seasoning at all and the waiter did not come around to offer any pepper or salt. My wife's chicken was dry and not very good. Very limited choices. I believe there were only 5 entrees to choose from. The dessert we chose was a strange chocolate pasta which was quite pathetic for $11. Overall its a 3 star restaurant with 5 star prices and I cannot recommend it. Will not return. Try somewhere else.