“Great Saturday Brunch!”
Review of Tiara Restaurant

Tiara Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiara Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$76
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Melville Street
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We had brunch here on Saturday on our way up to Toronto - the view is great, the food is wonderful and the servers are amazing! Highly recommend

Jacob H, Manager at Tiara Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Chip317 !

We want to thank you for taking the time to review Tiara Restaurant! We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us!
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We returned to Tiara restaurant today after our last visit in February and was immediately recognized by our server Jill. She had the same superior knowledge of the menu and wine selections. The chef, Gavin adapted the menu because of my gluten intolerance and we had a great meal. The appetizer had fresh greens picked just hours before. Service was not rushed and they created a special dessert to finish off our meal. We would recommend the Tiara for their service and quality of their food.

1  Thank Bob S

Hello Bob S !

Thank you for taking the time to review Tiara Restaurant! We are so happy that you chose us again after your last visit!
We here at Queen's Landing and Tiara Restaurant pride ourselves on our Exceptional Service and we are so happy that you enjoyed your dinner and that it was accommodating towards your Dietary Restriction!

Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast here last Monday (CANADA Day). We were seated on the second row overlooking the Niagara on the Lake Marina and enjoyed the ambience of the place.

Our waiter Gerry from Niagara was very polite and ensured we enjoyed our breakfast. The three egg omelette is a very generous helping and I do suggest that this be shared by two. However do check because you could be charged $10 for a second plate to share the omelette.

The coffee was nice and the orange juice was okay.

Very much enjoyed our breakfast here and may look towards going there again.

Munir D.

1  Thank Munir D

Hello Munir D !

Thank you for taking the time to review Tiara Restaurant! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and enjoyed the breakfast! I will be passing your kind words onto Gerry and thank him for you!

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The restaurant is beautiful both inside and outside view of the water. Presentation was also very nice which led to our waiter (Rudy) wanting to take pictures of everyone's food all night. It got to be that we often could not get his attention. Also, I did not care for the comment by him after I had two drinks & he said to my husband "You're going to have a good time tonight". Now I get that it was a joke but what if I didn't. Also, he presented the check to my husband and I had to correct him that I was paying for the bill. Food was a good quality especially the crème brulee. Maitre de did check on our table a couple of times and he seemed nice.

2  Thank Treesawill

Dear Treesawill,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tiara Restaurant and we appreciate your feedback regarding the service. We take feedback and turn it into a learning experience.

Thank you again and we do hope that you will join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I had dinner and breakfast the next morning here.
No complaints about the food but they are dreadfully understaffed at dinner. I waited 25 minutes for my bill and finally went up to fetch it.
They use the dreadful powdered bar mix but they did offer to use bottled lime juice for a Whiskey Sour so instead I opted for The Queen's Dream; a delightful cocktail made with Dillon's Gin Rose, lime cordial, St. Germain & pear champagne sorbet. A wonderfully refreshing summer cocktail
The wine list is encased in plastic like some greasy diner, thought this was supposed to be "fine dining".
The amuse bouche that evening was goat cheese in an heirloom tomato.
Three accompaniments to the wonderfully fresh grain bread. A paprika hummus, I wasn't fond of, too piquant, a fabulous balsamic gelee and an outstanding red wine and shallot beurre.
First course was an exquisite cold poached salade De Mare. Mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari and scallop on an avocado puree with pickled horseradish.
The main was Lamb loin chops with sausage... I don't understand the sausage, it did not marry well at all. The veg was mostly fall/winter. With the asparagus perhaps some fresh spring pea shoots would have been better.
The Tiramisu mousse was a show stopper. 9/10
I liked that the excellent coffee was served with an individual coffee pot so no server keeps coming round asking if you need a top up.

The waiter at breakfast was bordering on rude, arguing with me when I told him I had prepaid for the breakfast enhancement and would not be having the buffet. He said "you have to pay me $5" to which I replied "I paid an extra $18 already on my hotel bill". I finally received a menu from the hostess. The waiter was also rather crass and boorish exclaiming that the freshly squeezed orange juice is an extra $8 in a voice that suggested either I could not afford it or would refuse to pay it. I saw it on the menu with the dollar figure beside it so his attitude was completely unwarranted and uncalled for. I dress appropriately for all occasions, I don't wear sweat pants or socks & sandals so his attitude was insulting at best.
The Crab Benedict came with real crab surprisingly but there was no Avocado salad as the menu promised, just pea shoots on a tomato slice. The potatoes were very good though. They need to correct the menu under breakfast features; Classic Eggs Benedict is served with Hollandaise sauce, not Bearnaise.

All in all, not the most pleasant of dining experiences. I might return for dinner in the future, maybe.

2  Thank MOrfitt2014

Dear MOrfitt2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tiara Restaurant and we appreciate the feedback! We always take feedback and turn it in a learning experience to grow and evolve and to ensure the standards of our hotel are always met.
I do apologize that your experience was sub-par and I do hope that you will join us again in the near future so that you can see that this is not reoccurring.

Again I do apologize about your experience with us.

Thank you for your feedback!