“Good food without the crowds or the prices of the Shaw Festival”

Silk's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Meals in Niagara-on-the-Lake are often difficult, because people going to the plays must eat in the short periods between performances. They're usually pricey. Silks is far enough away that it gets fairly few theater fans, yet the food is very good, and unusual enough, with Ukrainian specialties and all-day breakfast to make it a treat.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner cause its what we do. It is your classic home style restaurant with some Ukrainian specialties. I had the Weiner Schintzel with perogies and it was satisfying. The bar was full of locals that just got off work. Mostly construction guys. The service is very friendly. It is a good place for comfort food and a cheap price

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Friday, August 17 around 11:45 am...I ordered the Reuban Melt. I got the sandwich in a timely manner but the toast was partially burnt black. I flipped the sandwich over and the toast on the other side was almost TOTALLY burnt back...so the cook tried to hide it. Disappointed that the server didn't catch it.

I sent it back immediately saying, "this is burnt". No apology was offered so I asked to just have a fries and gravy instead. Wasn't going to pay the same price for a meal that they didn't get right the first time and also be forced to wait for a replacement. My $10.99 order became a $2.99 order of FROZEN and dry fries.

Another person brought my fries...not our server. I think it was a cook and without a word put the plate in front of me. I told her that I wasn't pleased with the sandwich that I originally ordered. The woman muttered to me...as she walked away, "I heard".

I am sorry that the folks at Silks were upset with me for not wanting to eat their bad food. Stay away from this place.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Great place to eat something for everyone - huge menu and all day breakfast. Free parking and very affordable

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Enjoyed our meal. Good food, friendly wait staff. Just what we wanted - not as fancy (read: pricey) as the heritage district of NOTL, and not as fast-foody as McDonalds. A nice compromise.