“Excellent breakfast in the Niagara area”

Silk's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Came here with friends for breakfast. We were staying at White Oaks and didn't want to spend 20 each on breakfast. Heard about this place, which is a 10-15 min drive from the hotel. It was a great decision. Food came in decent time considering how busy it was. The big Vigil breakfast was a steal at 7.99. Lt consisted of 3 eggs, 4 sausages, home fries and 3 pancakes. I had to get a to go box as I couldn't finish it. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Wanted a quick lunch away from touristy area on Main Street in Niagara On The Lake and we spotted Silk's on the way out of town. Got a table right away and felt at home with locals. I had heard about "peameal" in Canada so decided to try it as it was described to me by a Canadian as very lean bacon that's similar to ham. I had that and French onion soup while my husband had breakfast. We were both pleased with our food even though it took a little while to get it. Once I got it I realized peameal is what we call Canadian bacon and it was very good. Good place to go to get a home cooked meal.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We came to this place for lunch, cause prices are affordable. At first sight it seems a sport bar, after a while you think it's an old style dine in restaurant, so old that has ever the carpet on the floor, that is not the best way to keep a restaurant clean. Food was kind of good, except that I've asked for a well done stake and I got it totally burnt. Staff was friendly. Not going back

Reviewed 13 March 2017

great breakfast. and really fast service. a nice little diner with good food. 1 thing... orange juice needs to be updated. not a good tasting juice.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Probably the cheapest breakfast in town (Virgil) 3.49 for eggs,bacon,home fries and toast ( rye extra) good coffee too for $2.00 all you can drink.The place does need a bit of a upgrade but service is good and tables are clean.