1,312 results
All reviews wine and cheese shuttle service covered parking european breakfast each afternoon casserole smoked salmon my husband and i river view personalized stationary boutique hotel free shuttle whirlpool bath gas fireplace hot dish the main street included breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2009

My mom went to the Harbour House and raved about it. We live about an hour away and when she got home, we packed the car back up and went again. They have 2 dog friendly rooms on the first floor that are the definition of comfort. It was our dog's first hotel stay and he loved it!

The location is right on the water, but a short walk away from town. The Queen's landing across the street has a great burger!

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I recently won a one night stay at Harbour House. It is our 22nd wedding anniversary in July so we decided to go now as the dinner offered in the package at Charles Inn is not provided through the high peak season (May-October). We were very pleased with the warm welcome by Harbour House staff. They gave us a brief tour of the lobby and when we got to our room, they had complimentary chocolates and cookies in commemoration of our anniversary. They arranged our dinner reservation at Charles Inn and even provided shuttle transportation. The dinner at Charles Inn was excellent and the breakfast the following morning at Harbour House was devine. As parents of two teenagers, thank you for allowing us to have such a relaxing time during our stay.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2009

A first class experience all round. The staff were excellent and made us feel at home.

Thanks again to you all.

Cheers

JP
Kitchener

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We stayed here while visiting wineries in the region. There was an error with my bill - basically the rate I was quoted when I booked over the phone was not the rate I was charged. I tried to clear it up at the front desk explaining that it was not what I was told when I agreed to make a reservation at the hotel. The manager was unavailable so out of principle I decided to e-mail my concern to the manager, but I never received a response! The front desk clerk told me that the person making my reservation was new and maybe made a mistake with the rates when I made my reservation and didn't offer to honor the quote I was given when I booked. I was charged $100 more per night than the rate I was quoted because of a mistake by one of their staff. I'm very surprised at the lack of class here, that they did not admit their mistake or that the manager never addressed my concern. One unhappy customer is apparently not a concern of theirs since the place seems to gets good reviews. I will not be staying here again, Niagara on the lake is a beautiful town, lots of great places to stay and I prefer to stay at a place where I know I will be charged what I was quoted and not be held accountable for staff errors. I had a much better experience at the Shaw.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Daytripper824
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I certainly echo all the reviews here that give Harbour House an excellent rating. The hotel was simply wonderful. From beginning to end, the experience at HH was top notch. When we had to wait a little bit longer than the check-in time (a staff member went home ill and so they were a little bit behind in housekeeping), they offered us a complimentary bottle of wine, which we gladly accepted. Very classy. It's all about the little things - the personal greeting and house-baked cookies in the room, the stationary, the ice bucket already filled, the light jazz playing, the personal walk and tour of the room by the staff, the complimentary DVD borrowing, the book library in the lobby, free parking, the tea and fresh cookies while waiting in the lobby, the reasonably priced treat basket items - all very welcoming. The room was lovely and the bed so big and comfy. Fireplace and large whirlpool bathtub were great too. Actually, I cannot think of anything that wasn't perfect. The staff truly seem to enjoy working here. The shuttle bus to your choice of restaurant for dinner was perfect on a crisp Spring evening. Speaking of the dinner, I highly recommend the Charles Inn. You will not be disappointed. It was absolutely outstanding!
The HH also offers a great location with wonderful views of the yacht club and the harbour (yeah, duh, haha) and is a pleasant walk to the main street (about 5 minutes) and the lake. Check out the historic houses and amazing architecture of the houses that are in the neighbourhood. Like a step back in time. History rules. Oh, I almost forgot the breakfast (included in the rate). Really, really good. Comfortable conservatory setting with lots to choose from - incredible pastries, smoked salmon, gourmet teas, cereals, granola, breads, cheeses, meats, juices, coffee, an excellent hot dish - ours was an egg casserole. Oh boy, was it delectable.
All in all - an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple