“A really fun time! Not just for kids!”
Review of Bird Kingdom

Bird Kingdom
Ranked #11 of 101 things to do in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an unforgettable journey through the world’s largest indoor, free-flying aviary! Experience the enchanting splendor of the Lost Kingdom where guests have unique opportunities to interact with spectacular birds and animals from around the world in our accessible, multilevel rainforest. A soaring adventure for the whole family!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We came here because of the good reviews, and we were not disappointed! The museum in the beginning was a little tacky and unnecessary, but everything was amazing! We could have stayed there all day, the birds were so beautiful and it was so enjoyable to watch them, both in the small bird room and the large aviary. There were other animals on display as well which were also cool to look at. The major highlights were when we got to hold exotic birds and snakes, and the large aviary which was awesome, not everyday you get to do and see things like that! But the absolute best thing was feeding the Lorikeets which was an unforgettable experience!!! It is included in admission and they give you a cup filled with a liquid the birds like to drink, they will fly down and land on you and drink from the cup in your hand! My girlfriend and I must have had 6 of them on each of us at a time. If you're scared don't worry it's not painful and the birds are so nice and friendly! If you go to one attraction besides the falls in Niagara, do yourself a favor and go here!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,070)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"worth the money"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Visiting Bird Kingdom was definitely the highlight of our trip to Niagara Falls. The main aviary was simply amazing. Lorikeet feeding was also a lot of fun - I had 8 birds on me at one time! Will definitely return on future trips to Niagara Falls, and have already recommended Bird Kingdom to family and friends.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly I was greeted by the lovely gentlemen at the door called Cowboy Colin, he instantly made me feel welcome and directed me to the till. We chatted for a little while before he told me where to go from there.
The building is easy to navigate round and everywhere you go there’s always something interesting to look at. There are many animals here not just birds so something for everyone, even though I’m a massive bird fan so this was the right place for me. It was quiet when I visited so I didn’t feel like I needed to rush or worry about getting in people’s way for photos.
The macaw and parrot section is amazing and the keepers also offer you a chance to hold the birds for an official photo which you can pay for at the end of your visit.
The little bird walk through is very cute and interactive. I sat on the bench for a while to observe the birds, which also allowed me to get some amazing shots on my SLR.
The main aviary is so beautiful and very well laid out. There are so many species of birds and again very interactive, they can free roam and fly all around you. Which is nice for them as well as the visitors. The Rainbow Lorikeet section was my favourite. The keeper Hayley who was in there at the time of me going in (we spoke for a while previously at the Macaw section) was super nice and gave me an experience I will never forget. I can’t praise her friendliness enough and you can tell how passionate she is about the animals.
Overall I recommend this place to anyone, whether you have kids, are a couple or just travelling solo like myself. It was well priced and worth the visit :)

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We were greeted at the entrance by Cowboy Colin, he was very pleasant and helpful in telling us how to get through and what to watch for. The place was very clean, hand sanitizers through out and no smell. It was easy to maneuver through and the staff were very helpful in explaining anything you asked. The main Avery was truly outstanding. A truly outstanding experience I would recommend to anyone. It is handicap assessable and there are lots of bench’s to sit and relax and listen to and watch the birds!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Before you enter, be careful when you get there, especially by foot, we went the wrong way and got stopped by border agents. Do you, your spouse or your kids like exotic birds? If so, they will happy about a visit to this place. There is all kind of birds to look at, even giant turtles walking around. At specific times you can feed small birds! It is the best part of the visit, its so cool having all these hungry birds on you and all. The only downside if you cannot take pictures. This is a great place to bring kids and to just have a relaxing time.