See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have travelled a lot in my life and I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, from europe to africa, america and south america. The caravan inn has been the dirtiest and most disgusting [--]-hole I have ever been to. Unfortunatel I hadn't read the comments on tripadvisor before I booked. But I can tell you: Everything that has been written there is true and worse: The rooms and especially the bathroom is so full of dirt, hair etc. that we did not shower. This would not have been possible anyway because there were no towels in our room. The sheets on my bed were full of blood-stains (!), the pillow looked as if it had not been washed for weeks (yellow grease-stains, hair). I could go on like that for hours, but to make a long story short: AVOID THIS PLACE UNDER ALL COST!!!!!! Rather spend some dollars more and go to another place or sleep in your car.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank poldi27
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Booked this room for my family and I. We walked into the room to be hit in the face with an awful STENCH. The room was scattered with a lot of GARAGE SALE furniture. I am sure this room has not been cleaned in a very long time. As mentioned before the carpets were GROSS. The beds were covered in 50 year old blankets which have never been washed in the half century. First thing we done was pull back the awful looking blanket to expose sheets that were covered in little black hairs......Truly unbelievable, how do these people think they can get away with this?? No one in their right mind would ever stay here... I am sure that even two dollar wh@&$ have higher standards than this.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAY HERE
On a good note the owners were very friendly and didnt hesitate to refund me my money,

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 12,345,678,997
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I was going to stay here, I booked the room. I walked into the hallway to go to the room and first thing I noticed was the stench of ciggarettes and marihuana and who knows what else. Then I walked into the room and it was horridly discusting. The cheap indoor/outdoor carpets were stained and dirty (looks like someone threw up all over them) there was dirt all over the room. The beds were made up but the sheets were dirty. The bathroom was absolutely discustingly dirty. People, unless you like really dirty motels dont stay here, I was discusted and coming from me that is pretty bad because it doesn't take much to impress me. It's not even worth the price paid for it. I was in this motel room for a few minutes and I could not stay there, the smell of marihuana was going all thru the room, I'd be afraid of what I would catch trying to sleep in that bed. I wish I had taken pictures of this place. NOT RECOMMENDED STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank D101Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The only reason I stayed at this place was because my friend from England was staying at this motel and I wanted to be near her.

The Good: The staff were very friendly and there was a microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

The Bad: Check in was disorganized and I had to come back to the front desk to check in and pay after I had already been to my room; I asked for a room with a king sized bed and was given one that also had a jacuzzi tub in it which didn't work; There was no remote in the room and the phone didn't work.

The Ugly: The room stunk like mildew, The carpets were disgusting and I refused to take off my shoes, There was a huge party going on in the courtyard and it appeared people were living here; as someone mentioned before there were hairs on the towel/on the bathroom floor; the room my friends were staying in had a huge burn hole in the curtains.

I think the biggest downfalls of this place were the smell in the room and the nastiness of the carpets.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anonsmellycat
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This is just to save a few of the last minute travellers thinking they're getting a deal on a half decent motel. You're not! First off I'd like to say that I don't know whose family member reviewed that it was only two minutes from the falls, but we had to take a 25$ cab from the train station when we arrived and almost another 20$ to get to downtown niagara the next morning.
When we first arrived,there was a man out front of the place cooking his food on a fire in the lot as if we were in the ghetto. The phone in the room wasn't even hooked up, no dial tone, so we couldn't call the "front desk" and we couldn't figure it out even though we're young and understand higher technology than a 15$ GE phone, I'm guessing it was for show. Not to mention that the toilet shifted when you sat down making you think that you might just break it.
You want to upgrade to a jacuzzi "suite" DON'T, it takes forever to fill up, almost a half hour.
I would recommend pitching tent out back, seeing as there is trailer camp there anyways, and those guests looked cleaner.
Also if you thought you would be able to have a drink to relax and have a laugh, there's no ice machine to be found, so good luck.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends