Lowest prices for your stay
Wyndham
Expedia.comUS$60
Hotels.comUS$60
Lol.travelUS$63
3,227 results
All reviews baskin robbins clifton hill pizza hut balcony room heart shaped jacuzzi hot tub within walking distance outdoor pool front desk staff long weekend parking lot per day skylon tower hojo dennys falls attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2022

My husband and I got 100s of bed bug bites. The hotel confirmed the infestation and offer back a refund for 1 night even though we paid to stay 2 nights. The owner retracted the 1 night refund. My husband and I experienced a whole week of pain due to the 100s of bites. Now we have permanent scars. Worst hotel stay ever

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eric Marcon, Owner at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel by Wyndham by the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

We are deeply concerned regarding your alleged issue so if you could please contact the the property immediately so that we may investigate this concern and address it sooner than later if in fact there is an issue as mentioned.

Reviewed 2 September 2022

Friendly staff, close to Clifton Hill but not too close so less noisy. The decor is functional yet outdated. The room had a "moth-ball" odour to it though. Decent hotel for accommodation; simply needs a touch of "modern" and a little air freshner.

Reviewed 30 August 2022

The location is great walking distance from Clifton hill which is where all the attractions are. There is always alot of families with children which is nice. The hotel is nice and clean has sanitizer for you to use on the main floor, my only reason why I give 4 stars is because they will only clean the rooms change sheets and remove garbage every 3rd day from your stay and if you have children well that's not enough. The internet is not unlimited they only give you 5mp per day which I thought would have been unlimited like other places have. I have stayed at this hotel plenty of times before covid years ago because it's not far from everything and that's why I went there again this time. When I arrived this time they told me the changed to green now and this is why they only clean every 3rd day it was disappointing to hear, most of the staff are great especially Kevin always willing to help. Overall it's a nice place

Reviewed 29 August 2022 via mobile

The bed frame box is damaged in room 208, one side nearly falling down once you sleep over that side, the staff didn’t check it before we check in and settle. Then they called a repair man to try but failed. It cost us much trouble to remove again to a new room at ground floor.

And the air in the room 208 is smelly bad, even though keep turning on the A/C for hours. At the second evening the internet broke down, call the front desk, throw a number, ask me to call a help desk company to figure out by myself, “ Because They know how to fix the internet!” After 15mins negotiation with the third part company, we know it’s the John Howard Hotel internet connection device problem, so have to call back to front desk and then recovered. This internet trouble influenced all guest internet only me!

On 29th we left, the manager told me there’s nothing can do for my booking (like a discount) because I booked from Expedia.

I won’t choose this brand hotel next time as long as I have other choices. Hope John Howard employees can take care their guests.

Room tip: Avoid this brand Hotel at all!
Trip type: Travelled with family

We are very sorry you experienced an issue during your stay and I am glad we were able to accommodate you to another more suitable room with no more issues. With regards to the free WIFI issue there are tent cards within all guestrooms advising guest that if they have difficulty with either connecting or with the service itself this company is contracted by the hotel to deal with all issues surrounding our WIFI service as they are technically trained to handle such calls. According to our records the WIFI was only down a few minutes once we were made aware of the issue and the issue was in fact corrected in a very timely fashion. Again we do apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 28 August 2022

I’m only giving it a 3 because of the friendly staff and proximity to Clifton Hill. If not for that it would be less. I found the room very dusty and the bathroom dirty.
I didn’t like that I had to ask for extra towels and that there is no complimentary breakfast considering the price I paid!