All reviews continental breakfast helpful with directions walking distance an older hotel minute walk the air conditioning free parking clifton hill would stay again comfortable beds cleaning staff rates canada
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The room was nice and big, appeared to be newly renovated and was relatively clean. TV lacked channel selection or channel guide anywhere in room - no Canadian channels to speak of - no TSN, Weather, CBC that I could find. TV a little wonky. Comfortable beds and quiet room.

Breakfast - standard continental with bages. bread, waffle maker, cereal, juice, coffee and milk - although lady working the room was shooing us out at 9:50 reminding us it closes at 10:00. That is a little early on Saturday morning. She wasn't rude but you could tell she was in a hurry to get us out even though there was a line and room was full.

The biggest issue was Parking - no parking available in front lot or side lot at hotel - but there was parking available behind the hotel which you could not reach from front of hotel without going out onto city street and around the block - and then when you get to it - there are no markings for laneway and poor lighting in lot. Once out of car - no back entrance and almost impossible to get to front of hotel due to the poor parking lot plan aforementioned at front of hotel. If you want us to use this lot there should be a door or at least a lit sidewalk to get back to main entrance.

It was OK for the $70 I paid on a Friday night in September - but I would not return.

Stayed: September 2017
glengate, Front Office Manager at Glengate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Now we do have more channels, two TSN.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Cheap and very average. I’m not a particularly high maintenance traveller but this was a bit lacking in cleanliness and service even for me. The no smoking room had clearly been smoked in. It smelt when I arrived. Highlighted this - not because I was particularly bothered but I didn’t want to be charged for cleaning afterwards. Service was apathetic at best. Bed covers had burns in them. Asked for them to be changed and Sam on reception looked at me like I’d asked for the moon to be delivered to my room. I was located by an exit stairwell so cue much banging of doors. Location fine - walk to the falls but nothing major. Cleaning staff looked harassed by the front desk. Not a good vibe. Didn’t have breakfast as no-one told me at check in that it was included. On a plus point, it was cheap...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel because budget was a factor and I couldn't see paying $300 to $500 a night after labour day. The room was very spacious and clean and had the jacuzzi tub as promised but NO shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The so called included breakfast should be called continental breakfast. No meat(bacon sausage ) or eggs, only bread,bagel, muffin, cereal and waffles. The coffee was extremely strong and the juice tasted watered down. Would I stay again- sure but have lowered my expectations:)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Stayed for Labor Day weekend. Paid an astronomical price for what we were given. Hotel room was FILTHY. Several unknown white stains on the floor, underneath the A/C window unit the carpet was wet and buckled whenever we stepped on it. Bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable and had holes/stains on the sheets. Towels were thin and worn. As you shower the temperature fluctuates between comfortable and scalding hot. Will NEVER stay here again and do not recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebeccarosie
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Stayed 3 nights at end of August 2017.
We originally booked a different motel but had to leave because the bed was unsatisfactory. We arrived at the Glengate after 9:00 pm not expecting much, but where surprised how helpful the front desk clerk (Sam) was. He took us to see 3 different rooms and let us pick the one we wanted and even let us feel the beds. We later found out that all the mattresses had recently been changed. Sam gave us a great deal for not using a booking site. (TIP: Always book direct, booking sites take a commission.You will get the same or even better rate. Paying cash or debit helps too.)

We picked a room on the third floor with a little balcony. The room was very clean. The room amenities were typical of most hotels. Sheets and towels where typical hotel stock but very clean. If you can't survive without soft towels, bring your own. We do. The carpets had a few minor stains from careless people, but where well vacuumed. All in all there was nothing in this room to complain about. Well, maybe an extra garbage can and a recycling bin would nice, but these things don't real impact your stay.
Parking out front is an issue but they do have a back lot. Nothing that can't be over come.
We will be using this location from now on. If your going to Niagara Falls for the Niagara Falls experience, this perfectly acceptable. If your going for the hotel experience, you may want to try the Hilton our Embassy Suites, just make sure you have real deep pockets. Been there, done that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, it's a nice touch. 3rd floor was very quite.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple