“A Great Place to Spend my 40th Birthday Weekend!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cobourg, Canada
“A Great Place to Spend my 40th Birthday Weekend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I celebrated my 40th birthday on November 27, 2011 and chose to organize my 40th Shopping Extravaganza at The Best Western, Cairn Court on Lundy's Lane! This celebration involved 17 of my best girlfriends joining me for a fun weekend away, completing shopping challenges and accomplishing large amounts of Christmas shopping!

From the very first contact I had with the staff at Cairn Court (the manager, Maureen), I was very well treated. When I actually went to book the rooms and make further arrangements, Stephanie Hicks, the reservation coordinator also took very good care of me and was kind to answer all of my quesitons and make sure that I, and my guests, were all well taken care of. Since I was booking 5 rooms, they also gave me a wonderful weekend rate!

Here's the note that I sent to Stephanie when I returned from last weekend.

"My 'girls' and I had a fantastic time last weekend! We enjoyed our stay at the BW Cairn Court and enjoyed the comfortable beds, quiet end of the hallway and adjoining room you gave us (which made all 17 of us getting together to chat a lot easier!). I also really appreciated the complimentary frig.

The food was good in both the cafe and the lounge and the location to the outlets and other shopping was great too! We took a bit of time to enjoy the pool and hottubs as well.

The staff was fabulous and friendly and I really appreciated all of the extra work they did to issue each of us individual room cards, as I had expected we would only get 2 cards per room...it was great that everyone could come and go as they desired!

When one of my friends became ill, the staff made an extra trip into my room and changed the bedding, even though we were only staying for the weekend and housekeeping had already been in to tidy the room. This kept the others of us, sharing the room, from getting sick as well I believe."

I would recommend the Cairn Court for anyone wanting a well price, comfortable stay.
Andrea Turcotte
Cobourg, Ontario

Room Tip: As always, I ask to be placed away from the elevators to keep things quiet. I also wouldn't wan...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We booked this hotel using out free night gained through the Best Western free night program.
We have never stayed at this hotel but immediately found the hotel staff to be quite friendly and inviting. The lady at the desk showed a few rooms and we opted for a queen, fireplace room on the 5th floor. The room was very clean and quiet; not much of a view though.
We were quite close to many restaurants, grocery store, etc., as well as there being a bar, restaurant and bistro in the hotel. There is a very nice pool area where you could spend the day with the kids if you liked.
All in all, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: I believe that pets are not allowed at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JR2
Stratford, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Love this hotel. I have stayed here numerous times most recently 2 weeks ago for a hockey tournament. My room was clean and well designed. The pool area was perfect for our team and the staff more than accommodating especially when dealing with 17 - 9 year olds! The eggs benedict in the restaurant was delicious and even though very busy we had fast, friendly and professional service.

We ate dinner in the lounge and we were so impressed when the server went above and beyond to make feel welcome and worked really hard putting the hockey game on the big screen for us.

Overall an excellent stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend, got it thru Travel Zoo. They have a bar, bistro and restaurant all in the same building. So you basically don't have to go anywhere. No Frills grocery next door if you miss the restaurant and you want to something to snack on later.
The bar Croft, was packed both Friday and Saturday night - dance music and ages from 20's to 50's. The room was very clean with a balcony to outside for smokers and main balcony that overlooks their "tropical room". This area had 2 hot tubs plus a pool, bistro cafe and many trees and plants that made it feel like you were somewhere other than the hotel. We were here with another couple and would definitely go back. Price was right with a few extras as well.

Room Tip: All rooms have view of pool area and balconies that to the outside as well.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Went up to Niagara for the weekend and decided to stay overnight at this location. Upon check-in the people at front desk were wonderful and polite. We stayed on the 2nd floor , we got the room at the end of the hall no one next door , great room but not so good view. The rooms were very clean and smelled great. 2 queen beds (= Upon check-put the staff asked about the stay and i was very confident to say it was GREAT. The beds were comfortable, room was clean , staff was great , location is Awesome. Would stay at this location again , Great first impression (=

Room Tip: Clean , wonderful staff ..great rooms & all at a GREAT price !
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple