The Contemporary Home was the perfect choice for our family getaway. The house was spotlessly clean, and the kitchen was well stocked with all necessary items for cooking, serving, and eating. There was ample seating indoors and out for our group.
We visited with two adults and four teens. Each teen had their own bed. The mattresses were all very comfortable. Having two full bathrooms was a definite plus. The property is pet friendly, and the back yard is fenced in, so we could comfortably allow the dog to spend some time outdoors. The only negative comment I would have about the property is that the wifi was unpredictable, and would go out for extended periods of time. Two calls to customer service did not rectify the issue.
I had read some negative comments about the neighborhood, but was happy to see that the homes in this middle class neighborhood were well cared for, and the neighbors we met were all friendly.
The Contemporary Home is a short two minute drive to the Niagara Parkway, and from there you are just minutes from all of the attractions that Niagara Falls has to offer.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
We had 12 gentlemen up for a guys weekend. Several guys were sick and complaining about itchy eyes and trouble breathing. When we went into the basement, we found that there was moisture pouring in from the foundation and a ton of growing mould down there! See the photos.
Admittedly one of our friends who was with us had over indulged and had a bedtime "accident" in the bed! it was embarrassing for him and he offered to pay the $300 deposit. The leasing company (Executive Rental Network) said that they would have to replace the entire mattress and took $650 off of my credit card. If this was the standard remedy for this then I would understand, but I checked all of the mattresses and each one had multiple stains! They've never replaced a mattress in the place! When I offered to clean the mattress, Mike Adams from the rental company denied me that option and had the cleaners lock me out of the property.
I will say that all of the neighbours were very nice though. They were friendly and courteous and even sat outside and conversed with us throughout the weekend.
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
My husband and I have been renting cottages for the past 6 years and decided to do something different this year. We wanted to be close to all the restaurants and attractions but not right in the middle. This house is very clean, but some things are broken and need some TLC. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the kitchen is fantastic. However, since we are used to cottages, we were surprised at the fact that there were simply not enough pots and pans to do any real cooking. We had to go out and buy a skillet because there are no large pans or pots here. We like to go out for at least one meal every day and it's really nice to be so close to everything. All the amenities, restaurants and attractions are no more than 8 minutes away. In addition, when we came in the wifi password provided was wrong so we had to call in and get a new one. Overall it is a nice vacation spot, but for the price we paid for 10 days I expect more. I will book with the company again, just not this particular house.
The house itself looked similar to the pictures online and was quite clean. However, the wireless Internet access never worked despite reporting the trouble. The telephone is a Magic Jack, so since the Internet was down, we had no phone. We referred to the trip as vacation "unplugged" The toilet leaked, the batteries in the smoke alarm were not replaced so we all were awakened by the chirping alarm at 5:30 am one morning. There was no cable TV and the DVD player in the upstairs bedroom did not work. The batteries in the remotes were dead and there was not enough propane in the gas grill to cook a meal. I reported the major issues to the management and they made no attempt to correct them. In my opinion, your vacation would be better spent elsewhere.
The house had too many spiders inside and outside the home. overall the home was nice and had the necessary to have a good time. Just TOO many bugs!