See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Since my husband and I travel with our 7 year old son and 12 year old daughter, we require a bit more space than the average hotel room offers us. We spent 3 nights in the River Stone Suite and it was wonderful. It's an older house that has been remodeled to have 3 suites or apartments. I can't speak for the other suites, but I can only assume they're equally equipped. When we arrived, Sharron (the owner I believe) greeted us and showed us around. She also gave us some tips about things going on at the falls that evening. It seemed like she would have been accessible had we needed anything during our stay, but we didn't. The house is right on the river down stream from the falls and was maybe 5 minutes walk from the touristy area. Some people may not like being this distance away from the hubbub, but we actually found Clifton Hill to be quite obnoxious and were happy to be in a quieter part of town.

Regarding the suite itself, we were very pleased. It was clean, beautiful and very well equipped. I agree with the previous poster that perhaps there were a few too many things on the shelves, but that added to the charm of the place. We ended up removing some of the stuff (off of the bathroom shelves and bedside tables) so we had a place to put our things. We just replaced them when we left. If you're staying for more than a few days, it's really nice to have a kitchen so you don't have to buy everything in the expensive touristy areas. (So much cheaper to have a glass of water from the tap than a $4 bottle from the street cart!) The only real complaint I have was the water pressure. . . it's virtually non-existent. After a complete soaking at the Cave of the Winds, I was ready for hot shower, unfortunately it took me about 15 minutes just to wash my hair. Oh well. That was the only thing that kept this place from being perfect (and I have a lot of hair so this happens to me periodically!!)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathie N
SharonSnider, Owner at Stone Boutique Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

I truly appreciated feedback from my guests and do listen. I did remove some of the items in the bathroom and bedrooms to allow more space for my wonderful guests. I do like the suites to look beautiful but I want you to feel that you are expected and welcomed.

The shower head was a "rain shower" style and therefore didn't work for all guests. I have since replaced the shower head with an adjustable one. A setting for everyone!

Thank you for you feedback and please continue to send suggestions that can only make my suites better for each visit.

Cheers Sharon

Reviewed 2 August 2009

First of all, this is listed as a B & B on here, but they do not offer breakfast. Its actually more of an apartment or condo. I believe there are actually three rental suites here. We stayed in the two bedroom suite for three nights and it was wonderful. The suite is furnished nicely and the beds are comfy. The kitchen is fully supplied with equipment for cooking a quick breakfast or a full dinner. Also, there is a propane grill for all to use. Also, there's a nice front porch for sitting and watching the world go by and a nice screen door on the front to let in the fresh air.

The location is directly across from the river. Its an easy 10 - 12 minute walk to the falls or you can literally wave down a bus in front of the building if you prefer to ride. I believe they come by about every 30 minutes in the summer months.

She does have a lots of decorative items in the bathroom and I believe she could do with less of this to give you more room for your own toiletries when you use it, but other than that, we have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family