“Nothing Family about the Family Inn!”

The Falls Family Lodge
Ranked #53 of 67 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing Family about the Family Inn!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

ABSOLYETLY DISGUSTING!

First when I check in, I couldn't. No one was working at the front desk. I walk into the motel and up and down the hallways and no one to be seen. I went to the attached restaurant and no one in the restuarant knew where the check-in person was, even though they are owned by the same man. Come back a few hours later and the line is forming and he is checking everyone in. He (the owner) tells everyone "you like your room; very clean room". Im sorry, if you need to go out of your way to say that, there is something wrong! Which there was. We go to our room and find pills and burnt foil in one drawer and a condom package on the floor. I report this and ask for a new room and he wouldnt accomodate me. He said "his guy mustn't have cleaned everything".

We come back from a day of sightseeing and find the owner going up and down the halls and making us feel like we were being watched by a prison guard. Not fun!

The following morning, our check out date, I was going to open the door and I find the owner patroling the hallways and he sees me and comes over to my door, says 'do you have a dog?' while trying to open my room door! I put my foot down on the base of the door and held the door. First- there was someone changing in my room, second- thats rude! I said no and that I was packing and going to start to load up my car to leave. I couldnt pack up quick enough and get out of there!

I wouldn't even let my dog stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank redsoxnut555

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I've been here before and honestly, you get what you pay for. No it's not a Hilton hotel but at least it's a place to spend the night for cheap and considering the location (right in the heart of Clifton Hill) you can't go wrong. Yes it's a little outdated with the tacky furnitures and curtains but it's clean and cheap and it's no where near close to an experience at a hostel (if you've stayed in one before y'all know what I'm talkin about). So, if you want the luxurious experience with the fancy view of the falls and don't mind spending an arm and a leg there's a Hilton down the street. If not, this place is not too bad. Save the money for shopping! And..... casino? hehe :P

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank meanie984
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2011

There was no window in the room, couldn't even sleep in it...It gave me nightmares!!! Never go here, it was a waste of money and couldn't even get it back!!! The pool was green, it was a shack.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple