3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Hotels.com
US$120
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Etrip
US$93
Expedia.comUS$120
CrownePlaza.comUS$103
TravelocityUS$120
2,559 results
All reviews marilyn monroe rainbow roll prime steakhouse clifton hill rainbow bridge water park hershey store hard rock cafe top floor rainforest cafe great view an upgrade canadian side waterpark casino niagara falls
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2022

Was there for two nights. We had booked for a queen bed, we got two double bed which is supposed to be an upgrade. The room and bathroom is extremely outdated. We ask for another room the next morning. The lady gave us the room next to ours with a king bed. When we entered the room, it was occupied by 3 girls. They were as surprised as me to see that I had a set of their key.
Still waiting to change room.
They told us the parking was free which was not. It costs 40$.
Will not come again.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2022

Hello G1235AQchristinec,

Thanks for sharing feedback about your stay with us. We offer a simple and engaging place to rest. However, I am sorry for what happened during your stay. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

In line with this, do know that I sent an e-mail to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 August 2022

We ended up at the Crowne Plaza due to overbooking at the Marriot Fallsview Resort and Spa. We arrived late in the evening and hadn't been out of the country in years, so we were happy to have place to sleep. The beds were small but very comfortable (doubles not queens). The air conditioning was fair in our room but their were many complaints from guests on the elevators. The bathroom was extremely tiny and there is no ventilation. The tile was worn, the sink seemed abnormally large for a tiny bathroom and the toilet seemed abnormally small!? Front desk service was kind. The restaurant has a good view of the falls but the gentleman seating us sat us way in the corner in an empty restaurant. He said he had a large party coming in. We stayed for more than an hour - no large party and he sat another couple right in the spot we would have preferred as we were leaving !? The waiter for the food provided good service. The food was kind of cold-not even room temperature. That was disappointing for the price. The shower in our room was so small that the shower curtain "touches" you while you was. I don't know about anyone else but that grossed me out and when I asked my teen daughter about the bathroom, she mentioned the same thing.

The location is very convenient. Less than a block to a great view of the falls. Waterpark wave pool wasn't working so we didn't try that. The free pool is oddly placed simply because it is an older building. No one was using it but we did and really enjoyed that! Hot tub was drained so not useful for guests.

House keeping gave us any extra supplies we needed.

Like I said, we were in a bind so I guess beggars can't be chosers. It was an adequate stay. I think there is some type of game where Marriot over books and that's how the Crowne Plaza gets filled.

No view of the falls from room 730.

Not the worst experience in a hotel but not the best :(

Date of stay: August 2022
Guest Relations, Other at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

Thank you Ihubb2015 for you great detailed review.

We do have scheduled renovation for this upcoming fall and detailed reviews like this help us address where we can improve. This includes things like the curtians touching when the shower is in use as not everyone mentions this but we are sure other feel the same.

Thank you again and know your review has been shared with out renovation managers and your feedback will be used in our plans.

Guest Services

Reviewed 6 August 2022

This time we were in room 407 which had a jacuzzi aside from the bath and overhead shower; this room is on the side angle portion of the hotel and whilst one does get a view of both the falls it is rather limited due to the casino being partially in the way. Anyway this did not bother us as we had seen the falls more times than we can remember.

We did not eat here due to past bad experiance in the restaraunt and I vowed never to eat here again and have kept to that.

The room was not upto their usual standards as I found a thick layer of dust on the clothing rail in the 'warbrobe' and also around the skirting boards edge tops - so the cleners have not been paying attention to some areas it seems. Some sealant around the bath and jacuzzi was missing and made the room look 'shabby', although I was 98% fine.

Check in was fine as was check out and staff were very helpful when we dealt with them

As you can see we use this hotel every couple or so years when in Canada - have been since 2002 on our first visit - and it is a shame that standards seem to be 'slipping' on some minor imperfections that I would not have at home. When one is paying over C$1600 plus each time to stay one expects high standards.

Room tip: Get a room directly overlooking the frontage, avoid the side/rear rooms and side angled rooms for REALLY DECENT view of the falls in FULL.
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank PaulandJoanne_10

Thank you PaulandHoanne_10 for your feedback.

We are glad you stayed with us again. We have shared your review with the department managers as our goal should always to be better then the last stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

Terrible stay at this hotel. No air conditioning in over half of the hotel, musty smelling in the hallway and room. Only solution given for no air conditioning in room was a very small fan for the window, a small discount for our 12 rooms and a free breakfast for individuals affected. None of our rooms were cleaned, only given two bottles of water, no coffee etc. Do not book this hotel until they have done some massive renovations to the structure, plumbing and HVAC system!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2022

Hi pattip793,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. We appreciate you for choosing our Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview, where we make business travel works.

Providing an excellent level of hospitality is our topmost priority. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Your honest review is very important, and I will share this with our appropriate hotel team to take necessary action to prevent the same issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope we'll remain to be your dependable choice, as we promise to make your stay more memorable and exciting.

Yours in hospitality,

Melissa P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 August 2022 via mobile

We just booked a room for 2 nights with view OMG when we got in the smell of the room is not nice the carpet is very filthy. There view is just looking at the window which is so dusty the remote and the lamps are very sticky. My kids were not comfy in sleeping because of the smell and they got itchy I just attached the picture of what to expect in there bathroom it’s really Ewww

Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations, Other at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback.

We have shared your comment with the housekeeping manager to looking into this. Please call 905-374-4447 ext 4111 if there is anything else we can help with.

Guest Services