All reviews no elevator free parking eggs and sausage yogurt table and two chairs souvenir city complimentary breakfast wego stop an older hotel room was clean great place to stay coffee maker good size parking lot niagara on the lake wine tour would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 14 June 2018

This is certainly an affordable hotel for the area, is convenient to the WEGO bus stop and was clean but the room was certainly lacking. Our biggest complaint was the lack of electrical outlets. There was a table and two chairs but no lamp and no place to plug anything in. There was plenty of space but little furniture. In addition we were on the third floor with no elevator so had to truck our luggage up the stairs and the only view was of the rooftop of the pool room. We did have free parking and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom was small with a slippery tub and no grab bar. Breakfast was basic but adequate. The staff was friendly. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wanderer31310
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

We advertise everywhere that we do not have an elevator if this was a problem for you maybe you could have brought that to our attention.
Your score and review do not reflect the had work and our dedication to exceeding guest expectations

We hope you find suitable accommodations elsewhere in the future

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

A concert in Lewiston Art park was the start of this Friday - Monday stay in the Niagara area. This Inn is modest and not in the expensive downtown Niagara or Niagara-on-the-Lake areas and allow cyclists a perfect way to explore St catherines, Lewiston, Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. We stored our bikes in the Inns storage area or our van, cycled the Welland Canal, Port Dalhousie, Niagara Parkway trail. Cold continental breakfasts included yoghurt, fresh fruit, granola and hard boiled eggs (toast, cereals and pastries ) The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean and included s small fridge and microwave. Beds were comfortable. Decor was perfectly dated. It is a 10 minute bike ride to the falls (up to 45 min walk). We cycled back and forth to Niagara on the lake one day and drove our bikes to St catherines another day (Welland Canal and Port Dalhousie). The whirlpool bridge offered us quick access to an evening concert trip to Lewiston.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StMarystraveller
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your wonderful honest review of our property
We appreciate you taking the time to do so
Our staff look forward to your next visit with us

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews, I decided to give this hotel a chance. I wanted family friendly, budget friendly, clean and relatively close to the major tourist hub. This hotel met my criteria.
-From check-in to check-out, I didn’t have a bad experience. Upon arrival, Maria, at the front desk, was very courteous, professional and helpful. I later met Travis, who my kids just got a kick out of because he joked around with them, and he showed the same level of courtesy, professionalism and help that Maria did.
-The location is a about a six minute drive to the main falls viewing area/Clifton Hill, but we mainly used the WEGO bus system that had a stop about a block away from the hotel. We used the bus system until about 6:30 each day, which really worked out to be pretty great. This hotel is within walking distance to the White Water Walk, where there is another WEGO stop. From that point, you can choose to walk into town, or hop on the WEGO. Driving your personal vehicle in to that area is also an option.
-For a free breakfast, I feel that this hotel did a nice job providing an assortment of foods to choose from: hot and cold cereals, muffins, danishes, bagels and cream cheese, toast (with jelly, butter and peanut butter), scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fresh (whole) fruit, boiled eggs, fruit juices, coffee and tea. On the morning of check-out, the breakfast selections were slim (even at 8:30 in the morning) so we ate out, but I took into consideration that the weekend occupancy was likely higher than it was earlier in the week when we had plenty to choose from.
-The other amenity I liked about this hotel was free parking! Not very many hotels offer this so I find that to be especially impressive when I do find it.
-There is a pool and it was open. Some of the reviews I had read before traveling had me confused. Some said there was one, others said ther wasn’t. I packed suites anyway, just in case. While the pool area is a little dated, it was clean, which is important. I didn’t swim, but my kids did, and they loved it.
-Overall, I would return here, and I would recommend it to families, or anyone looking to keep their room expenses affordable. This hotel is just as clean as many of the chain hotels, the staff is friendly, it’s in a good location with an impressive view of the gorge and rapids, and it has a decent amount of amenities. In reality, the majority of your time here is spent outside of the hotel, exploring the natural wonder and beauty that is Niagara Falls, and the beds/rooms were clean so we were happy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey A
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments about our staff and property

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

During my stay, I experienced multiple disappointments. So, I took it upon myself to read all the reviews since 2016. After reading, I'm convinced any good reviews were written by management themselves.

Upon arrival, I walked into a damp, smelly room with a hole in the corner of the ceiling. After rinsing my clothes out, two days later they were still wet. So, I had to use a wash, dry, and fold service. Management didn't feel a washer and dryer was of any necessity.

While trying to sleep, it sounded like a herd of elephants were right above my bed. When I awoke, I thought I'd try the continental breakfast. To my amazement only cereal, toast, mini muffins, and yogurt was served. As I sat down at 8:30 a.m., I was abruptly told to get up and leave. The server explained she needed to wipe down the tables for a tour bus of a 160 people arriving. Breakfast was stated as being open from 6 to 10 a.m. for all guest.

Lastly, the site boast of relaxing by the pool. However, a hot tub covered with plywood and a garbage can sitting on top to collect water from a hole in the ceiling doesn't appeal to my relaxation senses neither does a half working sauna. All of which the site boasts about.

And no, I didn't speak with the management because all these complaints have been brought to management's attention. Yet, management defensively refuses to accept the criticism and make productive changes.

All in all, I would recommend staying somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank marveltravel340m
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your review of our property
We work hard to exceed expectations of all our guests good or bad
Your comments about my staff speaking to your rudely would never happen as they would never speak to my guests as you are stating.
We apologize if you did not enjoy your THREE day stay with us and in the future hope you find other suitable accommodations

We take criticism to heart when it is valid and true

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you stay here better ask for top floor. We didn't get a good nights sleep the 4 nights we were there. The overhead noise is unbelievable. The continental breakfast is lacking in variety. The sauna and hot tub did not work. On a positive note the room was clean and freshener up each day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara W

Thank you for your review and comments of our hotel