US$228
US$183
  • Pool
Ramada Niagara Falls by the River(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$118
US$240
US$214
US$206
US$178
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$314
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$179
US$172
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$243
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$199
US$170
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

All reviewsno elevatorfree parkingeggs and sausagejuice coffeetable and two chairscomplimentary breakfastwego stopgood sizean older hoteli highly recommend this hotelgreat place to stayrooms are spaciousniagara on the lakewine tourwould definitely stay here againparking lotminute drive
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews, I decided to give this hotel a chance. I wanted family friendly, budget friendly, clean and relatively close to the major tourist hub. This hotel met my criteria.
-From check-in to check-out, I didn’t have a bad experience. Upon arrival, Maria, at the front desk, was very courteous, professional and helpful. I later met Travis, who my kids just got a kick out of because he joked around with them, and he showed the same level of courtesy, professionalism and help that Maria did.
-The location is a about a six minute drive to the main falls viewing area/Clifton Hill, but we mainly used the WEGO bus system that had a stop about a block away from the hotel. We used the bus system until about 6:30 each day, which really worked out to be pretty great. This hotel is within walking distance to the White Water Walk, where there is another WEGO stop. From that point, you can choose to walk into town, or hop on the WEGO. Driving your personal vehicle in to that area is also an option.
-For a free breakfast, I feel that this hotel did a nice job providing an assortment of foods to choose from: hot and cold cereals, muffins, danishes, bagels and cream cheese, toast (with jelly, butter and peanut butter), scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fresh (whole) fruit, boiled eggs, fruit juices, coffee and tea. On the morning of check-out, the breakfast selections were slim (even at 8:30 in the morning) so we ate out, but I took into consideration that the weekend occupancy was likely higher than it was earlier in the week when we had plenty to choose from.
-The other amenity I liked about this hotel was free parking! Not very many hotels offer this so I find that to be especially impressive when I do find it.
-There is a pool and it was open. Some of the reviews I had read before traveling had me confused. Some said there was one, others said ther wasn’t. I packed suites anyway, just in case. While the pool area is a little dated, it was clean, which is important. I didn’t swim, but my kids did, and they loved it.
-Overall, I would return here, and I would recommend it to families, or anyone looking to keep their room expenses affordable. This hotel is just as clean as many of the chain hotels, the staff is friendly, it’s in a good location with an impressive view of the gorge and rapids, and it has a decent amount of amenities. In reality, the majority of your time here is spent outside of the hotel, exploring the natural wonder and beauty that is Niagara Falls, and the beds/rooms were clean so we were happy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey A
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments about our staff and property

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

During my stay, I experienced multiple disappointments. So, I took it upon myself to read all the reviews since 2016. After reading, I'm convinced any good reviews were written by management themselves.

Upon arrival, I walked into a damp, smelly room with a hole in the corner of the ceiling. After rinsing my clothes out, two days later they were still wet. So, I had to use a wash, dry, and fold service. Management didn't feel a washer and dryer was of any necessity.

While trying to sleep, it sounded like a herd of elephants were right above my bed. When I awoke, I thought I'd try the continental breakfast. To my amazement only cereal, toast, mini muffins, and yogurt was served. As I sat down at 8:30 a.m., I was abruptly told to get up and leave. The server explained she needed to wipe down the tables for a tour bus of a 160 people arriving. Breakfast was stated as being open from 6 to 10 a.m. for all guest.

Lastly, the site boast of relaxing by the pool. However, a hot tub covered with plywood and a garbage can sitting on top to collect water from a hole in the ceiling doesn't appeal to my relaxation senses neither does a half working sauna. All of which the site boasts about.

And no, I didn't speak with the management because all these complaints have been brought to management's attention. Yet, management defensively refuses to accept the criticism and make productive changes.

All in all, I would recommend staying somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank marveltravel340m
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your review of our property
We work hard to exceed expectations of all our guests good or bad
Your comments about my staff speaking to your rudely would never happen as they would never speak to my guests as you are stating.
We apologize if you did not enjoy your THREE day stay with us and in the future hope you find other suitable accommodations

We take criticism to heart when it is valid and true

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you stay here better ask for top floor. We didn't get a good nights sleep the 4 nights we were there. The overhead noise is unbelievable. The continental breakfast is lacking in variety. The sauna and hot tub did not work. On a positive note the room was clean and freshener up each day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara W

Thank you for your review and comments of our hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We paid (CAD)$130 per night for three nights. Fri, Sat, Sun. Upon arrival we found out the hours for the pool. They close it down at 9pm. This, in a tourist town that has things going on until midnight.

We requested a room close to our family member who was staying here at the same time. They refused to accommodate that request. We requested a room facing the river vs one facing the parking lot. For that I had a terribly rude response from the management lady behind the counter. Who, shortly after that proceeded to check in someone in a room facing the direction we just requested.

There are 5 outlets in our room. Two of them are covered by things hanging on the wall. The lamps do nothing to light the room. The fridge stinks terribly. The towels smell like they were used to wipe lotion off (something) then tossed back on the rack like they are clean.

Overall, my experience here during my Niagara Falls vacation was terrible. I found the staff to be not very knowledgeable and the management quite rude.

Room Tip: Make sure your room number is an ODD number. Or you're facing a run down parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Grandwizard2013
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for your review and we apologize that you did not have a great experience at our hotel like many other guests do
Management is never behind the desk so you never once asked to speak to me.
We can determine the times for our pool it is not a law it needs to be open later and till midnight is ridiculous
If you wanted a certain room you should have called the hotel prior to your arrival
As you can see by all the other reviews on this site yours does not reflect the hard work and passion my staff has at exceeding guest expectation
We hope in the future your find other suitable accommodations
I would just like to say not once did you come to me during your stay with any concerns but wait and take to social media to hurt a wonderful business

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel! I choose this hotel based on its good reviews and it did not disappoint! I arrived on foot having walked from the bus station after an overnight Greyhound from America and I was exhausted. I’m currently travelling around America so I’ve actually booked 65 hotels within 6 months and I sometimes forget the features of individual hotels. It was the case with this hotel; although I now remember reading that there was no elevator in the reviews and on the website, I completely forgot when I arrived and I’d asked for a room on a higher floor as I didn’t want to be in a room with exterior corridors. The girl at reception tried to get me as close to the ground floor as possible and the maintenance guy was kind enough to help me to my room with my luggage as I had 3 bags in total, one weighing over 50lbs!

All the staff were lovely and they identified me personally (calling me their adventurer) which is a lovely touch considering most hotels don’t bother nowadays! The reception staff were always helpful with any queries I had regarding the local area and recommended a great nearby restaurant! The girl who worked in the breakfast area was very pleasant and she ensured everything was clean and fully stocked! The breakfast offered a good selection of hot and cold food – although I always thought Canada was a little more like the UK than America so you should definitely add baked beans to your breakfast selection to make them a full English!

The room was spacious and clean with a spotless bathroom and lovely scented toiletries! The bed was comfortable and BED BUG FREE which is something I always check for at hotels. Although the hotel isn’t located in the main Clifton Hill area, it’s conveniently located on the green WeGo bus line, near some popular attractions and also just a short walk from the main downtown area and bus station. The WeGo bus passes also work on the public transit buses so I could easily get the city bus back to the downtown area from the falls on a night time. I also received complimentary coupons when I arrived and both check in and check out were quick and easy!

I would 100% recommend this hotel for its personal service and cleanness and I will definitely be back when I next visit the falls (hopefully with a lighter suitcase!). Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VikkiBee
Donna M, General Manager at River Rapids Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this wonderful review about our hotel and staff
We were all amazed at the adventure you were embarking on and were thrilled to be apart of it
Exceeding guest expectations and guests like yourself noticing our hard work makes our jobs that much more enjoyable
Thank you again and we wish you safe travels