“Wonderful Spot For Ladies Lunch”
Review of Piatto Bistro

Piatto Bistro
Ranked #2 of 1,962 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I have recently visited Piatto twice. It was so good the first time I returned with a different friend. The friendly welcome and casual elegance resulted in a relaxed lunch both times. Menu items are explained clearly for those having food reactions, and the daily specials challenged the menu regular items for appeal. Presentation is well done and the vegetables are tasty and not out of a freezer bag. Desserts are delicious with good options. I'll be back!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Very good ambience. Meals were excellent! Everyone that came had no negative opinion on location, service and meal quality!

Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2018

we've been going to Piatto for 12 years and every time, we experience superior service and consistently excellent food. The place is cosy, relaxing with a mostly older clientele. Alejandro is always so welcoming....and Patrick willing to help make sure your meal will be perfect. Hopefully this planned condo building will not make the restaurant disappear....that would be a shame!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Definitely must visit here! The staff were very personable and friendly, the suggested wine (Leaping Horse) is now one of my favourite wines.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Overall our experience at this restaurant was pleasant and while service was great, the food did not meet our expectations.

We came on Valentine's Day and had to order off of the fixed-price menu, which I expected would most likely be the case and was fine with. There was a bit of variety except for dessert where there was only one option. The appetizers we had were unfortunately 1 star - I had a salad which was quite basic and a much smaller portion than I would have liked. My husband had the soup which we both agree tasted like canned soup. The mains were better, I had the lobster lasagna and he had the veal - overall, which were both overall 3.5 stars. My lasagna was definitely lacking lobster but the rose sauce was very good. His meat was quite good but the accompaniment of veggies was underwhelming.

We were fine with the $60 fixed price however expected way more from our appetizers (they tasted like $5 apps at boston pizza or something), and more from the main (in terms of taste and uniqueness, not quantity). I wanted to try other desserts that I had read about such as the mango cheesecake, but unfortunately that was not an option and we both had an ice-cream dessert that was satisfactory.

We will return once more as there are items off of the regular menu that I would love to try.

Date of visit: February 2018