“Dinner on Friday night; don't go to Scaddabush.”

Alice Fazooli's Italian Crab Shack
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Duke of York
Transit: GO Bus and Mississauga Transit depot across the street.
Reviewed 10 August 2013

If you like slow service, overpriced food, horrible kitchen staff and horrible bartenders, please make a reservation at Scaddabush.

My friends and I had a horrible dining experience last night when we went to Scaddabush. I had reservations at 8PM for 5 people, instead our host took us to a table for 4. When I explained to her that I booked it for 5; she had me wait for 5 to 10 minutes for a larger table.

By the time our waitress took our order for appetizers and drinks, it was already 8:15. Then we had to wait another 30 minutes for the bellinis because the "bartenders" are behind. At 9:15 PM, we finally got our appetizers because again the "kitchen" was behind due to a larger party that were ahead of us. This is was not true because a nearby party that came later than us already received their entrees.

At this point, my friends and I were contemplating on leaving because we had waited an hour and 15 minutes for our entrees. Our waitress did apologize and said that she was sorry; she also did give us free desserts. However, in all of my dining experiences, the manager usually comes out and apologizes in person. I am extremely disappointed in how Scaddabush handled this experience. At 9:40PM, our entrees finally came. I was very disappointed because my pasta was barely cooked and barely warm.

All in all, I don't think I will be coming back to Scaddabush. It was a horrible experience that no one should ever have going through.

1  Thank EK1989

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Firstly, the atmosphere walking in was actually spectacular, and invigorating. The first thing you see is the in-house DJ up by the front, and if you went in on a busy night like me, the excited social, buzzing tables you pass by make it feel and look like a shot out of a movie. The interior is interesting, and as the name of the restaurant, Scaddabush, would suggest, it is a little bit of everything. Each table is set up with a stack of wet, dewey, assorted dishes, and rolls of forks and knives. The menus were on disposable, one-time use paper, and the price ranges were from ~8-20 dollars, with the average being about maybe 12 dollars?

After the initial, friendly greeting from your servers, though, the food we received and questionable service made everything a bit uncomfortable. When we asked to be reseated to a nearby table, a server bringing our (delicious) bruschetta was more than happy to oblige. However, when our main server arrived, he looked at my friend (who is insecure about her weight) and asked her "Was the table too small for you?". This was obviously offensive to her and me, and us being too stunned to say anything, he was quick to be on his way again.

After a long wait, the main dish he brought later for me was a Berkshire (?) Sausage Pasta, which had cold, undercooked noodles, watery drippings pooled at the bottom, with admittedly delicious, hot bits of meat. Honestly, after eating about a fourth of it I got pretty nauseous, and cold tap water we were served didn't really help. Before I started eating, I prayed, which I earned a long hard stare for from our server. He was so distracted, in fact, for the duration of my praying, that he wasn't able to serve the cheese he had offered to my friends until he was snapped out of it when my friend explained I was praying.

He was friendly enough after we ate, besides these slip-ups, and after a bit of chatting, I politely let him know that the pasta was maybe sub-par, and why. He was surprised to hear it, and let me know that if I had mentioned it he certainly would of had it redone, so that was nice. Also, the gelato (both vanilla and chocolate) was delicious!

Overall though, the few offensive slip-ups (maybe he was inexperienced?), the food that got me sick for the rest of the night, and a few details (like the wet dishes, and nearby broken glass light decorations hanging overhead neighbouring tables) was enough to put me off. People make mistakes, and our servers were nice since we were polite, but the cumulative experience was unpleasant overall.

So: 2/5, but hopefully if we go again I won't get sick again.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

They use to have lamp and veal but now only chicken , beef or fish (slip sliding away)
joining al the other chains. service very good value ok.

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was invited to a preview of the new menu sampling of the soon to be Scaddabush at the current Alice Fazooli's at Square One, Mississauga.
I can't say enough great things about their new menu. The appetizers with daily home made mozzarella made right there by chef Paul was amazing. We sampled four pizzas, pear/gorganzola/mozzarella (my favourite), a spicy-peppery pepperoni, marguerita, bacon and pepperoni. All very tasty and unique especially with the home made super fresh mozzarella cheese. A home made pasta ala bologanese was out of this world. Mmmm mmmm. They served these meals with a chianti that is not available at the LCBO yet and a pino grigio. But, you could also have a blood-orange frozen daquiri that went down really smooth. Believe me, I tried them all.
Mike, the manager, Alex and Paul were all right there to make sure we enjoyed, and understood the menu - how everything was made along with its process.
What an incredible attention to detail was placed on the foods served. We have always enjoyed Alice Fazooli's, but quite frankly, can't wait until they turn it into Scaddabush at the end of July.
Do yourself a favour and come on by. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank ncavalli
Reviewed 21 June 2013

w in late one night and needed some dinner. Stopped here for some dinner and they were open until 2 am. Great appys and other fare. Definitely recommend. Actually came back for a total of 3 visits during my 3 day stay.

1  Thank Roy V