“Maybe the best yyz airport hotel”

Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 2 July 2012

After trying many, I return to this one. Nothing great, but best airport hotel at Toronto airport, I think. Conference facility is ok. The staff is helpful.

Room Tip: Suites Are good, make sure you get into the rooms that have been refurbished
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope your summer is a good one!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed 1 July 2012

The rooms were clean, but the bathroom had a sliding door which left it open a crack so you could hear everything and even see into the bathroom. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, either. No microwave and no refrigerator, and the bed layout was strange. The TV remote controlled both TVs in the room, so when you turned your TV off at night it also turned the other TV on, waking the kids. Also, no complimentary breakfast is offered, but parking is free. If you're looking for a single room to spend the night, the rooms are clean and the staff was friendly, but I wouldn't recommend staying here with your kids.

Room Tip: Do not get the room that has a sliding bathroom door, it has no privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

It sounds like to stayed in our back to back double queen rooms when you last stayed with us. These rooms are unique in design and can be offputting to some while others love it. The remote control should not run both TV's so we need to look into that so thank you for bringing that to our attention. Next time you and your family need a room - try us again, but ask for our side by side traditional two bedded rooms which you might find more to your liking. Glad you found our staff friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Once again I stayed at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel and Suites on 21st June 2012 and 24 June 2012. This hotel is unique for staff who always make you welcome and treat you with respect.
The minute I arrive at the Check-in Desk I feel welcome and that I have returned home. I have been staying at this hotel for over thirty years and always found the same welcome every time I come.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious with beds that give you a fabulous sleep.
The service in the bar and Restaurant are second to none and the quality of the food is excellent.
The breakfast is lovely and very reasonable at CDN$ 20.00 for the works.
The hotel is only five minutes from the airport by the free Bus which is driven by drivers who always have a smile and welcome your custom.
Thank you Hilton I will see you again in September

Room Tip: Ask for room in South Tower
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

We are grateful for your loyalty over 30 years! Thank you - and I am delighted that our team makes you feel like this is your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back in September. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were there because of a hockey tournament and I have no real complaints about the hotel but I think it is more suited for business travelers. The front desk was very cordial and the entire staff always had a friendly greeting for us. Housekeeping did a great job and the pool was a lot of fun for the kids. There was a restaurant there which we did not frequent. It was really kind of pricey for a family. It is right close to the airport and the kids all loved watching the planes arrive and depart. The bathroom door also is a sliding door which I don't mind but it doesn't close with-out a gap and that may bother some people. Also no exhaust fan in the bathroom which is a little inconvenient. These are really all minor things and over-all I really liked this hotel. So yes, go and enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stay in a lot of Hilton properties, and this one could be good if it weren't for the front desk staff. chose this location because I wanted a full-service hotel rather than the usual business-class hotel. The property did not live up to my full-service expectations, however. Upon checking in, I was not greeted, and was given incorrect information about the nearest place to purchase a phone charger--a common guest request. Additionally, the lunch I had--the $20 Cobb Salad--was lacking key ingredients and was served on a small salad plate. This in my opinion was hotel overcharging at its best. The room was clean and nicely appointed, but the bathroom sink drain didn't work and the shower fixtures were loose.

I would definitely stay at one of the other Hilton properties on the same footprint in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Our apologies for not receiving our typical warm greeting upon your arrival. Your comments have been communicated regarding where to purchase a phone charger so this mis-information is corrected. I have also passed along your feedback about the cobb salad in our restaurant for our Chef's review.

I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back and again apologize for any inconvenience during your last stay.