“So So restaurant. ”
Review of El Jefe

El Jefe
Ranked #753 of 1,857 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

During the Southside Shuffle music festival we chose el Jefe to eat dinner as it has a patio where we could still hear the music. The greeter was very nice and although he felt it could be a 20 minute wait he had us a table in about 5 minutes. The wait staff seemed very close and were having a good time with each other, but seemed to be ignoring us. The app we chose was fresh guacamole that they mixed at our table and corn chips that I believe they make there and both were excellent. Best guacamole we have ever had. For main course we both had tacos. My wife had chicken and enjoyed them. I had the fish and am not sure if it was because I chose corn tortillas or what, but I didn't enjoy the flavour. We both had churros for dessert and they were good, but I felt pricey for what we got. Ambience was nice, food was mixed, one liked and the other didn't, service was not great and our waiter seemed somewhat confused at times. Don't think I would return.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is a great place if you love Mexican food. From tacos, to salads to churros, this place is amazing. Very busy on the weekends, and very loud :)
But worth the wait :)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Read the reviews and knew it was new so I like to explore my city's restaurants. Very casual place, no need to wait for the outdoor patio on a Wed eve. The best part was the guacamole being made at our table. If the waitress had had a bottle of hot sauce in her pocket and asked if we wanted any - it would be a great touch going forward. I expected the food to be cheesy, spicy, something special but it wasn't. Entertainment came on just as we were leaving and he sounded nice. In the future we've decided a good place for cocktails and that guac.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I think I would like the restaurant more as a whole is the service had been better. I love that we could give them our phone number and they texted us when a table was available, and the drinks were amazing and fairly priced. I did not like when I, a vegetarian, ordered their vegetarian taco and found meat on it. I would have been okay if they had treated me fairly, but our waiter questioned me and then didn't even try to ameliorate the situation by taking the taco off of my bill once I finally convinced her that there was, in fact, meat on it. She replaced it, but seemed annoyed that she had to do so. Still worth it for drinks and for meat-eaters!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Our two daughters surprised us by showing up at home for a short visit. One lives in Vancouver the other in Orillia. We decided to go for lunch. The girls wanted Mexican. And we had heard about El Jefe. So we went around 2 on a hot day. We sat on the patio. But since it's length ways only the end table had a view of the street. So we stared at a wall. Mexican painted. Having tried many Mexican restaurants we found the pricing high. I got a burrito and asked for it extra spicy. They brought me a small container with hot sauce in it. Which later turned out to be an extra 75 cent charge. The food was good. Will we go back probably not since there are many places to get the same food as good cheaper.